Recent Topics

1 May 22, 2009 08:28    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

After looking at a few different options, I decided to go with b2evolution as a news manager for my site. All I need is an easy way to show the 5 most recent posts from the blog on the home page. Preferably something that doesn't require any tampering from me every time I post a new blog entry. The site is already coded in html and I just put this blog engine in recently. I am a near-complete noob when it comes to php and database coding, so please be patient with me if I ask something stupid.

Also, I think this may be sigificant enough to mention, the index page is in the root folder, but the blog engine is one directory down in a folder called "news".

2 May 27, 2009 07:08

Is there anything anyone out there can suggest that might help me out here?

3 May 27, 2009 07:19

Welcome to the forums!

In control panel open Blog settings > Widgets > Add widget select Post list widget.

Good luck

4 May 27, 2009 13:56

Hi

b2evolution also comes with a file called summary.php in the root of the installation (your news folder). This file displays the last few posts in all the blogs on the system. Try loading it and see what you get.

It might give you something to play about with when working with the home page of your site.

Cheers
Lee

5 May 28, 2009 06:00

Thank you very much lturner and sam2kb.

lturner, your suggestion worked like a charm. Just needed to make a copy of the summary.php and do a few tweaks to it to get it to stop showing the blog names, the "summary demo" stuff, and a few more unneeded bits of info.

By any chance do you know of a way to get it to also show some of the post as well?

7 May 29, 2009 03:27

Thank you once again. Tried playing around with the modified file a bit using what I read from that thread and got it posting the post as well as the post title. I plan on posting my solution in that thread for those who might be looking to do the same.

8 May 29, 2009 08:21

Excellent stuff. Well done. Not so much of a near-complete noob after all :-)

Form is loading...