Recent Topics

1 May 28, 2009 14:56    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have setup a multi user/multi blog system where people come in register and create a blog and distribute their blog URL. All is working as expected.

Problem is a new user will not be able to view someone's blog unless they know the URL to that blog. How will that someone be able to search for lets say User X's blog?

Using the search function on a specific blog only searches the currently displayed blog contents?

How does a user search through all blogs in the system to find a specific one?

Any help appreciated

3 May 28, 2009 15:56

Thanks for the quick response.

Summary.php wont work for me as there's no search included.

I've just downloaded the plugin but for some reason have no idea how to install it. Its structure seems different from other plugins i have installed? any idea on how to make it work? The included Readme is not offering much help.

4 May 28, 2009 16:02

Upload the whole plugin folder in /plufins directory on your server. Then install it from General settings > Plugins install

Then read the Readme for instructions on how to add the code in your skin.

5 May 28, 2009 16:27

Finally got it to work. After installing the plugin you also have to add a widget for it.

Only problem is its just an advanced search for a single blog. I cant seem to search for content from other blogs from lets say a site's main blog.

6 May 28, 2009 16:29

Did you add "All" in "Search in Blogs" field in widget settings?

7 May 28, 2009 16:50

Life-saver

Added All and the results are coming out.

Thanks for your help :-)

Form is loading...