Recent Topics

1 May 28, 2009 03:25    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am creating photoblogs with pictures for people who aren't on my trip to enjoy, but the blog won't post my files. The only way I can get them to work is to make them about 130 KB. That kinda defeats the purpose of my nice camera and takes forever. Can you help me get my bigger photo files to work?

Thanks!

2 May 28, 2009 04:11

Hi trheidt. One thing you can try is editing your conf/_advanced.php file and change this line

// ini_set( 'memory_limit', '32M' );

to something like this:

ini_set( 'memory_limit', '64M' );

By uncommenting you basically turn it on, and by changing it to 64M you have a good chance of most pictures being handled, but be warned not ALL images will make it. I was scanning old family photos and found that unless I shrunk the scanner results down I could upload it but not make a post out of it.

Oh and I also found that above 57M and all you're really doing is using a nice multiple of 8, but hey nice multiples of 8 are really webtastic so there you go.

For my camera I told it to use settings that result in images b2evo can handle. For my scanner, which I can barely figure out, I began a major core improvement to get rid of this un-natural limit and to change the resultant file name. Didn't make good progress on it though so I bagged it hoping that for some reason a miracle would happen and b2evo would actually fix the problem. It seems that'll never happen though, so one day I'll have to fix that myself.

Oh and somewhere on one of the Global subtabs there is a setting for max upload file size. If you can't upload you have to address that, which is also something your host might block you from addressing. If you can upload your images but can't make the image be a post then you want to edit that file and hope for the best.

3 May 28, 2009 05:08

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Form is loading...