Recent Topics

1 May 29, 2009 17:22    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I can't get categories or permalinks to work on my blog. I enter the name and a clean URL, and it sets up, but when I click on a category, the 404 message says the URL does not exist. I figure there is something that should be automated that is not set up, but I can't figure it out.

2 May 29, 2009 17:26

I had this problem and when I added a / at the end of the url in config file it worked. You might also want to check the url of the blog you set up in admin cp. If you would post a link to your blog, it'd be better.

4 May 29, 2009 19:46

Hi cnelson917. This is most probably an issue with your host. Please, search the forums for "clean URL* host *htaccess" without the quotes and make sure the "search for all terms" radio option is set.

Basically though it is something about your server. There is a little bit of code in your sample.htaccess file that might enable clean URLs on your blog. If it doesn't work and if your host isn't helpful then you have to go with all the "looks like parameters" options on your URLs subtab for all your blogs.

5 May 30, 2009 18:20

My htaccess file seems to be gone. I did something with it earlier, renamed it to drop "sample" I guess. Any ideas of how to get it back? Would it have wound up somewhere I'm not looking?

7 May 30, 2009 20:01

I got my host to tell me how to view the .htaccess file and added code from a Forum post for clean/pretty URLs and single/multiple blogs, and it works now. Thanks EdB and Angelica.

Form is loading...