Recent Topics

1 May 29, 2009 12:14    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I set the media folder permission to 777 but i still ge error message it doesnt have permissions to write or the folder doesnot exist.

here is the thing

http://themeanbitch.net/1111.php

I'm not sure if it is my host problem.

the host replied to my ticket with this:

Dear Customer,

You should be able to leave the permissions as is to all folders. Essentially because of our suphp setup that we run it allows the php file to run as the system user owner (your cpanle user) for the file so as long as the first bit is set to 7 on the directory and the owner of the php file is the same as the directory the file will have full permission to that folder to upload and make changes to files.

2 May 30, 2009 08:03

Well that is most unusual. Your host seems right: you should not need to do 777 given that you have suphp there. Do you get the error when you set your /media/ and /media/blogs/ and /media/users/ folder to 755?

By the way you really need to get rid of your /install/ folder. Actually you don't, but you should get rid of all the files in it except for phpinfo.php because the rest did your installation for you. Your "Tools -> system" subtab is probably all red about that folder existing and won't be happy until it is deleted, but that is only because no one wants to code checking that the files that shouldn't be left there are gone.

Speaking of your "Tools -> system" subtab, what does it say for "PHP running as USER" and the next line down? It should be something like account (number) for each - suphp does that is the thing.

3 May 30, 2009 14:09

yes. I removed the install folder and checked for the php running as user.
It shows my account name (number) difference in group and user is 'uid' 'gid' in front of the number.

There is red unhappy person below saying
post_max_size should be larger than upload_max_filesize

they both are 64m.

Edit: I found the php.ini and changed it to not give any error. url_fopen register_globals all disabled as well.

Edit: I'm using multi-domain and multi-sub domains if that is of any relevance.

6 Jun 11, 2009 07:14

oops. sorta lost track of this one. sorry bout that.

Here is something to try that has no smart explanation other than "shotgun a weird bug": download a new copy of the version you are using, unzip it on your computer, delete from your server the /inc/ and /skins_adm/ folders, then upload those two folders that you just unzipped. The idea is *if* there is a corrupted file then (a) it'll be almost impossible to find the bad one and (b) it'll be almost impossible to tell exactly where in the process of getting those files to your server the corruption happened. So completely replacing (with new files) those two folders sometimes cures stuff that just doesn't make sense.

Another thing to try if that doesn't help is to install something else that has a file upload capability and see if you can upload through it. Wordpress for example. Easily done if your host has fantastico eh? The idea there is to see if it is your server (won't upload on multiple programs) or your b2evolution (works with something else).

Good luck!

7 Jun 11, 2009 08:31

Installed another b2 evo from fantastico and it works. I'll be updating the files to if there is any corrupted file.
thank you :)

Form is loading...