Recent Topics

1 May 31, 2009 21:24    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have uploaded files for 2.4.7 to my server. However, when I try to run install, nothing happens. I get the install.php screen which tells me to click to call the install script. However, when I click there nothing happens. I actually tried with with the 3.2 beta first and thought maybe that was the problem so I uploaded 2.4 and tried that with same result. (I have installed 2.4.6 on a previous server with no problem, so I know how it should work.)

The only think which looks like a problem to me is the permissions issue. Although the file manager on my host (Fat Cow) has a permissions feature, it appears to me all the files are set at 655 and do not change when I try to change them. Would this prevent the install from working? If so, what do I need to ask of my tech support in terms of permissions for this to work?

If I can't change these myself, I will also ask them to set the others that I need.

Thanks

2 May 31, 2009 22:32

What does "nothing happens" mean? Could you be more specific?

3 May 31, 2009 22:51

I just get a blank screen. I expected to see a request for the name of my database, login and password. I just get a white screen.

5 Jun 02, 2009 04:58

I finally went back and redid the entire process (decided to go with the 3x beta version since I was doing it again). This time I read the instructions more carefully. The first time I had uploaded the /blogs directory including all its contents. When I realized the instructions said to upload the files from the directory I did that rather than uploading the directory itself. I then figured out how to change the permissions using Filezilla FTP. Once I redid it correctly the install program worked.

Form is loading...