Recent Topics

1 Jun 02, 2009 22:00    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi All...

re page http://www.suewaitelangley.com/SPA/blog1.php

I would like the comments to an individual blog post (I'm displaying one post per page) to appear directly below the post. Similar to what you get if you click comments...but all the same page. Not sure if I'm explaining myself correctly. I've found some suggestions on line and tried them all but think they're for earlier versions as they do not work in my current skin. I'm modifying Asevo. THANKS

2 Jun 04, 2009 05:34

This is going to be a tough one...

what is your goal with the comments on the same page?

People are not likely to click on the comments... some visitors will come to see the screen and if a comment title looks interesting they may click on it...

most visitors will be regular people who subscribe to your blog/site and those are not likely to see your home page...

I would recommend just putting the comments widget on the side bar like you have now and letting it be dynamic...and not specific to a post.

Since you have a "School for the Performing Arts" in your page, you might ask for some pro-bono work in the forums and someone might be able to customize a skin for you... we have lots of good souls @ b2evo...

p.s. sorry I can't volunteer myself but I've seen others volunteer before and that's why I mention it...

3 Jun 04, 2009 06:45

This blog is being set up for the board of directors to use to edit and update the charter. My original idea was to set up a wiki...but since I'm doing this as a favor (since I'm on the board;o) I just don't have the time to go through the learning curve on how to set one up an manage it. PLUS it was going to be difficult to teach using a wiki when I'm just learning myself. Hence the BIG IDEA of using a blog to get sort of a similar effect.

Each member will be to "comment" the needed changes. These comments then would appear directly below the post (I'm just doing one post per page) and accessible without having to flip back and forth.

The other mandatory item is that this work must be accessible to the community if anyone is interested. Everyone BUT the board members themselves will be able to see the blog but not be able to make changes. Therefore again all of the comments will be much easier to see.

My other thought would be to have the members edit the post directly...but...I haven't found yet a way to track changes...for instance the way you can track revisions in MS Word and other word processors.

We must keep all of the original text AND all of the revisions together.

Basically...I need help. So any suggestions would be so much appreciated.

Thanks Sue.

6 Jun 04, 2009 14:18

Concentrating is hard, let's go shopping. :)

Thanks, I will try it today!

7 Jun 04, 2009 14:49

Thanks...I'll give it a try! Sue

Form is loading...