Recent Topics

1 Jun 03, 2009 11:14    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Users have been requesting me to have their own images on their blogs, eg a single image showing their face or picture to show who owns the blog.

How can i implement this?

2 Jun 03, 2009 12:17

Hi Beatnyama

One solution would be to add the widget called 'Image / Blog logo' to the sidebar of your blog. This widget loads an image from the root of the blogs media folder. You could then get your users to upload their photo with a specific file name and they should get their picture displayed when their blog is displayed.

Cheers
Lee

3 Jun 03, 2009 13:29

Works like a charm.

But does this mean that all the users have to add widgets to their blogs? Is there a way to add this widget to all blogs automatically?

4 Jun 03, 2009 13:57

As a one off thing you can use EdB's fantastic Widget Manager plugin:

http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2008/03/27/widget-manager-plugin

This plugin allows you to copy individual or whole sets of widgets from a master blog to some or all other blogs in your system. It is very cool if you have multiple blogs on your system.

As for new blogs that you create in the future you will have to add it manually either by hand or by copying it via EdB's plugin.

Lee

5 Jan 07, 2010 11:13

Well, that 'Image / Blog logo' doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it's the skin (I am using a skin called "Custom"), or something else. The only thing this widget does is adding the name of my blog to the sidebar as a clickable link whose URL is that of my blog. No mugshot too be seen.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Form is loading...