Recent Topics

1 Jun 10, 2009 00:02    

My b2evolution Version: (watch below)

Hello,

I just installed b2evolution 2.4.7 on a server PLESK9/CentOS5 and everything works perfectly. But I have some trouble to understand how the virtual sub-domains is working and especially its implementation in my case:

The installation was carried out on a sub-domain: blog.domaine.com
But I like now that all other blogs on a different sub domain like that :blog1.domain.com, blog2.domain.com, ...

But having done the installation from a sub-domain "physically", is it possible to have virtual sub domains from the main domain?

Before writing on the forum I searched and found this: http://manual.b2evolution.net/MultipleDomains#Set_up_your_webserver

So before changing Apache I wanted to have your expert opinion on the subject to know especially if I can do that, and if it's possible to tell me what to do exactly.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Lolo

2 Jun 10, 2009 04:53

this is a question for your hosting provider. most hosting providers provide a subdomain.domain.com where the subdomain is just a folder.

if your subdomain.domain.com is a subfolder, then you could have blog1.domain.com/BlogA

blog1.domain.com/BlogA
blog1.domain.com/BlogB
blog1.domain.com/BlogC

alternatively, you could create other sub folders and have
blogA.domain.com
blogB.domain.com
blogC.domain.com

this 2nd option will waste lots of storage though as each folder will have a full copy of b2evo install...

talk to your hosting provider... if they're good... they won't mind your questions...

Form is loading...