Recent Topics

1 Jun 16, 2009 05:53    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi Everyone

I will start off by saying I am a COMPLETE NOVICE. I have a website at www.grumpymen.com.au (we are a band) and I wanted to install a Blog.

I installed B2eolution and followed the instructions as best I could but I am getting the following error..

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!

Error establishing a database connection!

(Access denied for user 'grumpy'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Are you sure you have typed the correct user/password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?

Help !!!!

David

2 Jun 16, 2009 07:52

guitarsqld wrote:

[...]

MySQL error!

Help !!!!

David

It reads like if b2evo (which version?) could not connect to the MySQL database --for whatever unknown variables (reasons).

Create a database for your b2evo blog, say b2evo_grumpydb and assign the user grumpy permissions to manipulate the data structures in the b2evo_grumpydb.

Read the [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Install_b2evolution]relevant documentation[/url] and make sure to note the exact password for the user grumpy to access b2evo_grumpydb

Of course, it is assumed that your hosting provider (or yourself, if you are trying b2evo in your localhost machine) has setup properly an Apache, MySQL, and PHP, open source stack.

Good luck!

3 Jun 17, 2009 04:01

nanahuatl wrote:

guitarsqld wrote:

[...]

MySQL error!

Help !!!!

David

It reads like if b2evo (which version?) could not connect to the MySQL database --for whatever unknown variables (reasons).

Create a database for your b2evo blog, say b2evo_grumpydb and assign the user grumpy permissions to manipulate the data structures in the b2evo_grumpydb.

Read the [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Install_b2evolution]relevant documentation[/url] and make sure to note the exact password for the user grumpy to access b2evo_grumpydb

Of course, it is assumed that your hosting provider (or yourself, if you are trying b2evo in your localhost machine) has setup properly an Apache, MySQL, and PHP, open source stack.

Good luck!

Hi ! Thank you so much for your reply...I went in recreated the databases and you were right..it was a permissions issue...all sorted and I have been able to log into the blogs now.
I appreciate your assistance and hopefully now I can learn how to use this software !!
Thank you
David

Form is loading...