Recent Topics

1 Jun 24, 2009 15:47    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

My site (with b2evo 2.4.6) looks completely crashed in IE8. I have a 3 column design with content left and two smaller columns on the right. Column in the middle is in IE8 displayed on the left, all other stuff is displayed under it.

They changed the CSS interpreter with IE8, didn't they? Any suggestions what I can do to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

2 Jun 24, 2009 15:58

Do you have a link to your site?

5 Jun 24, 2009 17:53

Don't know where to look. Works fine with firefox 3.x, Safari, Opera, IE 6,7.. Tested it on browsershots.org and it was quite ok. Where did you get the number of errors and warnings?

7 Jun 24, 2009 18:23

Sorry didn't see that as a link.
I know that there are some things not conform. Did that some time ago but most of the errors are due to core programming of b2evo and ads I have. Was no problem in IE 6 or 7.

8 Jun 25, 2009 00:29

foodie wrote:

most of the errors are due to core programming of b2evo

i detest that.. b2 is one of the most caring about validation cms/blog systems.

foodie wrote:

most of the errors are due to ads I have.

agreed.. those and your basic html errors.. however dont freak out.. correcting one or two mistakes would cure 20-30 of them.. and after fixing them be careful..an unclosed tag may screw the whole layout

9 Jun 25, 2009 14:18

Thank for your answer. I fixed a lot of "<br />" which helped a lot.

Nevertheless I have this and others like this that belongs to the widget "category list":

# Error Line 74, Column 15: end tag for "li" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

</script> </ul>

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

I don't know how to access this as it seems it really is part of core programming. I looked at the widget file "coll_category_list.widget.php" but couldn't find anything about <ul> or <li> in it.

10 Jun 25, 2009 16:17

it's not widget related..

you either have to remove the <ul> </ul>tags from your 'nav' container or choose the easyway and insert your google ad code like this

<li>#  <script type="text/javascript"><!--
# google_ad_client = "pub-7637784212609163";
# /* Text-Link-Balken 08.01.08 */
# google_ad_slot = "5213972709";
# google_ad_width = 468;
# google_ad_height = 15;
# //-->
# </script>
# <script type="text/javascript"
# src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
# </script></li>

11 Jun 25, 2009 18:19

Thanks, tilqicom!
I wouldn't have looked there.

Only two errors left: One error concerning the search field:

Line 104, Column 330: document type does not allow element "div" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

…Field" /><div class="search_options"><div class="search_option"><input type="

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

I looked at the _coll_search_form.widget.php file and found that code:

form_formstart( $Blog->gen_blogurl(), 'search', 'SearchForm' );
		echo '<p>';
		$s = get_param( 's' );
		echo '<input type="text" name="s" size="25" value="'.htmlspecialchars($s).'" class="SearchField" />';

if( $this->disp_params[ 'disp_search_options' ] )
		{
			$sentence = get_param( 'sentence' );
			echo '<div class="search_options">';
			echo '<div class="search_option"><input type="radio" name="sentence" value="AND" id="sentAND" '.( $sentence=='AND' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentAND">'.T_('All Words').'</label></div>';
			echo '<div class="search_option"><input type="radio" name="sentence" value="OR" id="sentOR" '.( $sentence=='OR' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentOR">'.T_('Some Word').'</label></div>';
			echo '<div class="search_option"><input type="radio" name="sentence" value="sentence" id="sentence" '.( $sentence=='sentence' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentence">'.T_('Entire phrase').'</label></div>';
			echo '</div>';
		}
		echo '</p>';
		echo '<input type="submit" name="submit" class="submit" value="'.T_('Search').'" />';
		echo '</form>';

Is there anything wrong? Or ist the error again elsewhere?

12 Jun 25, 2009 19:07

¥åßßå wrote:

<yabs> the </p> needds moving to before if(

and you may want to attend a typo class sometime P: ... i mean a "typo fixing class". you would be the head teacher if there were a 'typo class'

13 Jun 25, 2009 19:17

Sorry I don't understand your humor - Up to this day I didn't even access this file.

Which </p> has to be placed before if( ?
What's yabs?

14 Jun 25, 2009 19:55

I'm yabs :D

In /inc/widgets/widgets/_coll_search_form.widget.php find and replace thw following section ( approx lines 103 -> 141 )

/**
	 * Display the widget!
	 * @param array MUST contain at least the basic display params
	 */
	function display( $params )
	{
		global $Blog;

$this->init_display( $params );

// Collection search form:
		echo $this->disp_params['block_start'];

$this->disp_title();

form_formstart( $Blog->gen_blogurl(), 'search', 'SearchForm' );
		echo '<p>';
		$s = get_param( 's' );
		echo '<input type="text" name="s" size="25" value="'.htmlspecialchars($s).'" class="SearchField" />';
		echo '</p>';

if( $this->disp_params[ 'disp_search_options' ] )
		{
			$sentence = get_param( 'sentence' );
			echo '<div class="search_options">';
			echo '<div class="search_option"><input type="radio" name="sentence" value="AND" id="sentAND" '.( $sentence=='AND' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentAND">'.T_('All Words').'</label></div>';
			echo '<div class="search_option"><input type="radio" name="sentence" value="OR" id="sentOR" '.( $sentence=='OR' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentOR">'.T_('Some Word').'</label></div>';
			echo '<div class="search_option"><input type="radio" name="sentence" value="sentence" id="sentence" '.( $sentence=='sentence' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentence">'.T_('Entire phrase').'</label></div>';
			echo '</div>';
		}
		echo '<div><input type="submit" name="submit" class="submit" value="'.T_('Search').'" /></div>';
		echo '</form>';

echo $this->disp_params['block_end'];

return true;
	}
}

¥

15 Jun 25, 2009 20:01

¥åßßå wrote:

I'm yabs :D

....thw ....
¥

is this a new abbr. ? :roll: P:

16 Jun 25, 2009 20:09

The Horribly Written ;)

¥

17 Jun 25, 2009 21:04

the heavy-handed writer (:

18 Jun 25, 2009 22:56

Thanks again! I finally got:

The document located at <http://www.foolforfood.de/> was successfully checked as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.

Made me happy and learned a lot!

Form is loading...