Recent Topics

1 Jun 27, 2009 14:06    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

posting in b2evolution by using scribefore firefox extension is working fine. Postings can be done as public or as draft. I need an option how to post as protected for an only internal visible blog.

What is the difference between a public/draft/protected posting in b2evolution?
I think it will be only an other entry in database.

My idea is to change the scribefire that a public posting will be a protected posting or to add a new function. Did anybody make such changes before?

Or do you see an other option by hiding a blog only for logged in users?

Thanks ralf

2 Jun 27, 2009 22:03

Hello Ralf,

the Metaweblog API which Scribefire uses only allows to declare a post as "published" or "draft"... :-)

What is the difference between a public/draft/protected posting in b2evolution?
I think it will be only an other entry in database.

Yes, it's only a field in the DB.

Or do you see an other option by hiding a blog only for logged in users?

IIRC somebody found a way to hide an entire blog, yes. Try searching the forums.

3 Jun 28, 2009 10:31

Hello Tblue

I installed the protected_posts plugin. It works and set the blog in a mode that only users can see posts. Trying to use scribefire has the result that you can write drafts. Post with status 'public' are rejected caused of missing permissions.

Changing the posting information in scribefire from public to protected should work. Will try it.

4 Jun 28, 2009 15:16

If that's our "protect your blogs" plugin then it should auto-change your posts from published to protected

¥

5 Jun 28, 2009 16:18

Hi,

yes its your plugin. But it doesn't work. Did I miss something?

Upload in plugin folder
Installed new plugin
Added am:protected to the blog metadata

If the user posts via Scribefire and has only permissions to post protected he het feedback "permission denied". If he has rights to publish public the post is done but as public post and not protected.

I think I mal a failure, but didn't find where.

Maybe a version problem. I'm using 2.4.5.

6 Jun 29, 2009 08:07

Posting as "published" should have worked, but the post should have automatically been changed to protected by the plugin. When I get a moment I'll have a play with scribefire and see if I can find out what's happening

¥

7 Jul 11, 2009 09:46

Hi ¥

could you test it on your system?
Do you think its version related? I'm using b2b 2.4.5.

Ralf

Form is loading...