Recent Topics

1 Jul 02, 2009 17:43    

After about 3 hours, I have deleted the monument valley blog, and replaced it with my own. Trouble is, onc my photos have been uploaded they aren't displaying, and the manual has no help whatsoever.
Can anyone suggest what's wrong here?
Version 2.4.7 and if I right click on where the photos should be, I get an addy which inlcudes the getfile.php file

2 Jul 02, 2009 18:33

Ahhh fcuk it wasted enough time on this. Frustration levels are through the roof

3 Jul 02, 2009 23:55

I'm guessing this is a permissions problem, if you're running suphp change /media/ /media/sub_folders/ folders/files to 0755/0644 if you're not then change them to "rape me" 0777/0777

¥

4 Jul 03, 2009 21:39

I have no idea if I'm running suphp or not. I couldn't even guess what that was if it was to save my life.
I have gone through the manual, and I have searched on the forum and their is no answer here.
Is anyone able to help or not? I'd be grateful cos if not I have to find something else that works.

5 Jul 04, 2009 20:19

Well let's see. If you go to your Tools -> System subtab and scroll down a wee bit you should have a bit that tells you PHP running as USER and PHP running as GROUP. IF your server has suphp on it then you will see something like this: logintext (uid/gid: numbers) as the value for those two items. Chances are you do not have suphp else you wouldn't be having this problem, so lets find a different solution.

But first let's clarify the problem. When you say after uploading they don't show I wonder how you are uploading them. b2evolution's file manager, or FTP? If you are uploading with FTP then I would have to wonder if you are uploading to a path that b2evolution will understand. /media/blogs/blogname/ or possibly /media/users/username/ but you can turn on or off either type of path.

Next I wonder where they are not showing. Are you seeing thumbnails on your Files tab? From a dropdown box you would have to select the appropriate path that you used to upload ... assuming you uploaded through the file manager.

The "change permission" thing is something you would have to do to possibly three folders, and is done usually with your FTP program. I guess hosts have a way in cpanel to change permissions but I've never done that so I dunno. ANYWAY using my favorite FTP program, I right-click on the folder and select "File Attributes" to get a little grid of checkboxes that add up to numbers. 1 and 2 and 4 give you all the possible totals, so click on stuff until you get to 777 (all boxes checked).

The folders you might have to change permissions on are /media/ and /media/users/ and /media/blogs/ - and I personally never had to change permissions on any folder or file inside those three.

OH WAIT A MINUTE! Could be a memory issue as well. As in, your server settings aren't groovy enough to let b2evolution perform its overly-sloppy image manipulation stuff. Try editing /conf/_advanced.php and making a line that looks sort of like this be exactly like this:

ini_set( 'memory_limit', '64M' );

Whether or not 16M or 32M is going to work depends on the size of the image you are trying to get resized, but memory is like sex: bigger is better.

6 Jul 04, 2009 21:01

Wow!
Well firstly, I did yuse FTP at first, and tried to set the path but evo kept telling me that th path which included blogs/photos/ was somehow not a valid name so would not let me set it.
File permissions I'm will familiar with so they weren't a problem.
Picture placeholders were there, but not the pictures.
Anyway, I got incredibly frustrated before I even started with your clever solutions with memory, I decided that life indeed is too short to waste on sloppy programs that don't work as they should. So I installed Wordpress with an image plugin and it was working in half an hour flat.
Why oh why did I waste my time here.
I do very much appreciate the help you tried to give though. I hope you get positive karma for one month.

Form is loading...