Recent Topics

1 Jul 05, 2009 03:45    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello,

I have tried searching on here for help, but not quite sure what to search for and I am getting no results!

Basically, my wife created a blog about an operation she had. It's all over now, and I would like to move the posts to a static page, rather than evolution itself. I need to grab back the MySQL DB that she is using, as there is no longer a need for her to use it.

Ok yes, I could just grab the post text and create an HTML version, but I was hoping for an easier way!

I have tried to use the generate static page link, but I keep getting the message, "You haven't defined a source file for this blog!" - I can't seem to find where to set this?

For ref, I am on version 2.4.5 which maybe old now, but is the version that's installed on my hosts servers.

Thank you!
Pete

2 Jul 05, 2009 05:51

Static pages aren't what you're thinking they are. What it will do is dumb: grab a snapshot of the entry page of whatever blog you are staticing, and there you go. So to get the whole blog in static format you would have to set your posts per page to a big enough number to have all your posts on that page. Then I'm not sure how it actually happens ... something about you need to have a file for it to write into, but I've never done it so I dunno.

Oh and I think it is finally going away.

But let's focus on the issue: you need the database. Okay, so use it :)

Unless your host has a limit on the number of tables your database may contain, you can simply use the same database for multiple programs. The only thing that matters is that the other program uses a different prefix for table names. Not that prefixes are mandatory or anything, but all tables for b2evolution start with evo_ so as long as the next thing you want to use the database for doesn't start with that you can share it.

Hope it helps!

Form is loading...