Recent Topics

1 Jul 11, 2009 07:41    

Building it on local host, wrote a plugin, installed it, made posts. Plugin table has data associated with the posts. Exported the database from localhost, copied to a real server out there in the wilds. When viewing the blog I get "Table blahblahblah doesn't exist" even though I can see via phpmyadmin that it most certainly does.

I'm hoping someone has a clue about how I can tinker with *something* to make it show up. I'd hate like crazy to have to start with no plugin and repeat all the post entries. Alternatively I just now thought of deleting the plugin then installing the plugin (on the server) then pasting in the bits that associate with each post.

But it is a very strange thing yah? Like, what would make it say the table does not exist when it most obviously does?

Hey has anyone successfully moved a database that has plugin info? If so was it from server to server or localhost to server? Just trying to narrow down the root of all evil here. Which is probably something extremely simple on my part.

2 Jul 11, 2009 07:47

Oops. I think I figured it out. Sure enough a simple thing: looks like a table named "Entries" became "entries" when exporting. I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon this thing where sometimes it doesn't seem to like table names with caps even though it seems to be able to have them before. And obviously didn't notice it this time.

Oh well eh?

Form is loading...