Recent Topics

1 Jul 14, 2009 02:45    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi again:

I am having more trouble with this software than I want. Probably due to my being thick.

Anyhow, I've downloaded skins a couple of times, yet I cannot get them to appear on my website.

I download, unzip to my PC, upload to my web host (to the "skins" folder) and then,... squat.

All I want to do is get my site set up to look nice, and then to start writing content. I am becoming irked. So many hours have been lost with no progress on the look of the site.

If anyone can advise me, I'd treat you to a homemade gazpacho, a home made loaf of bread and a bottle of moderately priced wine.

Cheers,

Jiggus

2 Jul 14, 2009 02:53

While you may want to call yourself a Moron, it's a pretty useless post title for a help forum.
I've edited it and moved your post to the appropriate forum.

Are you downloading skins for version 1 or version 2 of b2?
Version one skins are found here....
http://skins.b2evolution.net/one.php

3 Jul 14, 2009 20:57

Thank you.

That could well be it. But by the sounds of it, I should upgrade to a new version of b2evolution. 1.10 is the version supplied by my web host.

4 Jul 16, 2009 03:05

Generally speaking, when hosts offer something it isn't always going to be the latest and greatest. It is "what they set up to offer". Yeah upgrading to 2.4.7 is a good idea - especially before you get comfortable using it.

Oh and sometimes when you unzip a skin it ends up in an extra folder. What you want to make sure of after knowing the new skin is for your version of b2evolution is that the path on your server is ..../skins/new_skin/files.php where files.php is really a bunch of files and maybe a folder or two. Even with the right versions of stuff, if you get an extra folder it won't work.

Form is loading...