Recent Topics

1 Jul 15, 2009 02:49    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Howdy,

Is there any reason why I shouldn't install b2 at the root level, by shifting the contents of the "blog" folder out and up?

Gonna try going live with b3, very excited. (I used it a little bit on a localhost and was enjoying its smoothness.)

tia

2 Jul 15, 2009 13:31

Hello mostmodernist_jenny,

mostmodernist_jenny wrote:

Is there any reason why I shouldn't install b2 at the root level, by shifting the contents of the "blog" folder out and up?

You only need the contents of the "blog" folder for b2evo to work properly -- so yes, you can move its contents to the root level.

3 Jul 15, 2009 18:12

Thanks Tblue.

I was confused because of the hierarchy of folder and files. What is the significance of having the language files, Gettext folder and Doc folder outside of the Blog directory?

4 Jul 15, 2009 21:06

Well, all files not contained in the blog folder are not needed by b2evo itself (that's why you can safely delete them):
The docs are only there to help users with the installation.
The gettext folder contains language files for the installation docs and a script to generate the localized docs.

5 Jul 16, 2009 03:33

Basically the "blogs" folder is where all the stuff your server needs is at. So the other stuff is part of the distribution, but not mission critical to having a web. You can have it in the root level, or 8 levels down, or in plain old 'blogs' if you like. Personally I've never had an installation that was actually in a 'blogs' folder :)

Form is loading...