Recent Topics

1 Jul 29, 2009 20:11    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

How do I allow one other person to post but not full access? I have one person that I want to allow to post items but not be able to mess with anything admin - basically be able to write only. I have tried several of existing security setups and they don't seem to work properly...or else I am doing it wrong. I tried blogger and priveledged blogger and neither one had write abilities. I am sure I am missing something and would appreciate any help or guidance as to where I can find this information!

2 Jul 29, 2009 20:55

admin > blog settings > [blog name] ... meander down, tick "show advanced" > press save ... admin > blog settings > [same blog ] > group||user permissions

Click "advanced" if you want more control ;)

¥

3 Jul 29, 2009 21:00

If you go to Blog Settings -> Features tab somewhere down the bottom you will find a tick box that says 'Use advanced perms'. Tick this and save the settings. What this does is turn on Advanced user and group permissions for that specific blog and you will see two extra tabs appear - 'User perms' and 'Group perms'.

If you go to either of those tabs (depending on whether you want an individual user or group of users to be able to post) then select the advanced view you will see that you can make users/groups members of the blog and specify what type of posts they can write.

Lee

4 Jul 29, 2009 22:25

Thank you all so much - that worked like a charm!

5 Jul 29, 2009 22:39

Excellent, glad it worked

¥åßßå - we must have posted at the same time. I'm going to have to shorten my posts down a little :)

Form is loading...