Recent Topics

1 Jul 31, 2009 04:19    

I have a local server that is setup to operate as www.homeserver.dev, I have PHP 5.3.0 and MySQL mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $. I have placed the /blogs directory, according to the installation guide, in the root. I can access www.homeserver.dev/b2evolutions/blogs/install/index.php and it allows me to do the install, but I get error messages. (I have tried moving just the /blogs directory to the root and the same problem. I have even tried moving all the files in /blogs into the root and the same problem as well. Before the actual screen appears I get this series of messages:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\install\index.php on line 41

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\install\index.php on line 42

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\install\index.php on line 56

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\__core.init.php on line 814

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\sessions\_sessions.init.php on line 268

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\files\model\_file.funcs.php on line 583

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\items\model\_item.funcs.php on line 114

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\_param.funcs.php on line 1739

I go through the installation, and it tells me that it installed properly. I checked the MySQL database and all 40 some tables are created in the database I created before the install.

When I try to login after the installation this is all I get on the first page:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\__core.init.php on line 814

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\sessions\_sessions.init.php on line 268

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 135

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 139

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 147

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 154

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 207

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 235

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 250

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 261

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_main.inc.php on line 273

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\files\model\_file.funcs.php on line 583

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_connect_db.inc.php on line 29

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\_param.funcs.php on line 1739

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\items\model\_item.funcs.php on line 114

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\model\dataobjects\_dataobject.class.php on line 414

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\model\dataobjects\_dataobject.class.php on line 430

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\model\dataobjects\_dataobject.class.php on line 439

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for '-5.0/DST' instead in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\sessions\model\_session.class.php on line 432

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\sessions\model\_session.class.php:432) in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\_template.funcs.php on line 174

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\sessions\model\_session.class.php:432) in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\_template.funcs.php on line 182

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for '-5.0/DST' instead in C:\Web_Server\www\homeserver.dev\public_html\b2evolution\blogs\inc\sessions\model\_hitlist.class.php on line 127

When I try to go to the blogs directory after the install I get nothing but error messages. Also I tried to rename sample.htaccess to .htaccess and windows won't allow it.

Can some one help me. I would really like to see b2 working for me.

Thanks

2 Jul 31, 2009 16:46

Your b2evo installation is likely fine; it's your PHP configuration that needs some configuratin'.

Depending on how you set up your HTTP server and its PHP module, you might have had to choose between two PHP.ini files: one optimized for a development environment, the other for production. You've chosen the developer ini file, which enables the [url=http://ca2.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php#ini.display-errors]display_errors[/url] directive in the PHP.ini file by default.

This will cause PHP to not only log but output all errors, warnings, etc. If you want to prevent their output (good idea if your server can be accessed remotely), simply disable the display_errors directive:

display_errors = Off

The "deprecated" warnings are just that: warnings; they can be safely ignored for now and are probably of more importance to b2evo developers than you.

As for the date() function warnings, that's another PHP directive you should set:
http://ca2.php.net/manual/en/datetime.configuration.php#ini.date.timezone

The header warning just means that that script cannot generate an HTTP header for the document because another script already has, and you can't have more than one header.

3 Jul 31, 2009 16:48

I'm guessing you're running an older version of b2evo, try upgrading and all those errors should be gone

¥

4 Jul 31, 2009 16:54

¥åßßå wrote:

I'm guessing you're running an older version of b2evo, try upgrading and all those errors should be gone

¥

Hi, ¥åßßå. I get these same deprecation warnings all over the place — from installation onward — even with 3.3.0-RC1.

5 Jul 31, 2009 17:56

How weird, I really thought all those had been killed, and I'm sure my setup barfs at all errors .... meanders off to check for a blonde moment ;)

¥

6 Jul 31, 2009 21:25

Heh.

Here are a few spewed out by index.php when displaying the default blog in 3.3.0:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_core/__core.init.php on line 814
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/sessions/_sessions.init.php on line 268
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 507
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 135
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 139
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 147
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 154
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 201
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 207
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 235
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 250
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 261
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 273
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/files/model/_file.funcs.php on line 583
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_connect_db.inc.php on line 29
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php on line 1739
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/items/model/_item.funcs.php on line 114
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_core/model/dataobjects/_dataobject.class.php on line 414
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_core/model/dataobjects/_dataobject.class.php on line 430
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/_core/model/dataobjects/_dataobject.class.php on line 439
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/items/model/_itemlist.class.php on line 538
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/items/model/_itemlistlight.class.php on line 118
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/items/model/_itemlistlight.class.php on line 178
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in blogs/inc/items/model/_itemlistlight.class.php on line 833
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at blogs/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 59

Most, if not all, seem to refer to lines like this:

$foo = & new bar();

7 Sep 14, 2009 21:16

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had other problems that required my attention, and when I got back I forgot my userid and password. I just remembered it now. I am not use to forums. I changed the info in the php.ini and it worked. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier

8 Dec 27, 2009 23:12

I'm running b2evo 3.3.1 with php 5.3.1.and I'm getting all the depricated errors on the bottom of my blog. I have display errors turned off in the php.ini, I'm wondering if I should just downgrade php to 5.29
You can see it at blog.symmetricgroup.com

Form is loading...