Recent Topics

1 Aug 01, 2009 02:57    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I'm trying to do two things right now - better understand $Item, and install a working verson of addthis or sharethis. I'm more interested in the first, but my overall problem is intertwined.

To the best of my understanding, if I am displaying a blog post on my.domain.com, $Item->permanent_url() will provide me with the permalink to the post - something like my.domain.com/title_of_post.

I can't seem to get it to do that. What's the proper function?

If I am right, and less dumb than I thought I was, then am I calling it properly?

Here's a trunkated version of what I'm looking at:
<div class='addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style' expr:addthis:title='"StockPicks"' expr:addthis:url='$Item->permanent_url()'>
any ideas?

3 Aug 01, 2009 12:35

First and foremost, let me just say that I both love and use your Frugal skin, so I'm humbled to have you helping with another part of my page.

I'm still having some trouble - I hope you wouldn't mind me asking how you encoded the "sharethis" button you've got over the reader link.

Cheers,
Joe

4 Aug 01, 2009 23:22

Glad you like the skin :)

I use the share this b2evo plugin. There are 2 I think, one a widget type plugin and one a non widget type plugin. I use the non widget one. Search on the forums for share this and you should find it. If you can't find it let me know and I'll dig out the URL for you although I am away from my computer for a few days so it won't be till later on in the week (I am answering this on my phone :) )

L

5 Aug 02, 2009 01:02

You can ignore the original content of this post. Used the original plugin to great success this time. Hooray! ed. 8/1

---
I tried both the widget and the not-a-widget, and seem to remember each of those using the front page instead of the permalink for posts from the front page. That's what spurred on this little experiment. The widget has deeper problems, in that doesn't show up on all browsers.

I guess I'll give it the not-a-widget another go. When you get back from vacation, could you tell me how you worked around it?

Form is loading...