Recent Topics

1 Aug 03, 2009 02:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

As stated, how do I do it? I am just starting to find my feet with this software, and it seems to be very fine, but the logo kind of ruins the atmosphere of my site.

Many thanks,

Jiggus

2 Aug 03, 2009 04:30

You might want to reconsider this. As the developers of open source code do this so that we may benefit, we owe them some props to let the world know whose code we, as developers, are using. Some groups will not help you if you remove ann references to who wrote the code.

If you omit the logo, you might want to at least consider adding text in your footer that says 'powered by b2evolution' otherwise, you might find that you won't get any help.

Do these folks a favor and make sure you let the world know whose code you are using for free.

Cheers,

wordman

3 Aug 03, 2009 04:35

wordman is right, but you're free to delete any/all the credits from your blogs. Just search the forum, this question has been answered many times.

4 Aug 04, 2009 00:33

I understand. I just want to make it more aesthetically pleasing is all. I appreciate open source very much.

Cheers,

Jiggus

5 Aug 04, 2009 03:05

sam2kb,

How about suggesting to Jiggus that he add, 'powered by b2evolution' in text with a hyperlink if he chooses to omit the b2e logo?

Cheers,

wordman

6 Aug 04, 2009 06:32

He doesn't have to do it ;)

According to GPL license you can do whatever you want with b2evo. You can even burn it on a CD and sell as a brand new b3evolution :roll:

7 Aug 08, 2009 17:43

Actually, I found the solution. The giant B2evolution logo was on my first sample posting!! It is now removed, so I am pleased with the look.

I don't give a hoot about the little logo near the bottom. Proud to have it there, in fact.

My bad, folks.

8 Aug 08, 2009 23:05

Yeah there is a huge one *in* a post in v3 stuff. The sidebar image requires editing a file and removing a bit of code that calls an image. The stuff in the footer is ... tricky. In v3 there is a back office setting that cries a sadface when you tell it zero footer spam links, but it doesn't remove the linkback to the top level domain here (traditional linkback), nor does it remove links to a couple of splogs that claim to be the source of the skin. For those bits you need to edit one of the files in your skin but which one depends on which skin you're using.

Form is loading...