Recent Topics

1 Aug 06, 2009 07:45    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I wanted to add a comment link to every post instead of relying on people clicking the title of the post to make a comment. I have been trying to find the file that generates the individual posts, but having trouble.

Thanks ahead of time,

http://www.malibumayor.com/

The Admin.

2 Aug 06, 2009 08:55

Hi

I have a feedback link on all the posts on my site. In my skin I added it to the posts.main.php file and the code is:

<?php // Link to comments, trackbacks, etc.:
$Item->feedback_link( array(												'link_before' => '',
'link_after' => '',									'link_text_zero' => '#',									'link_text_one' => '#',
'link_text_more' => '#',											'link_title' => '#',								'use_popup' => false,
) ); ?>

posts.main.php is the file that lists all the posts on your page. single.main.php is the file that displays a single post but depending on your skin you may or may not have those files. It may all be handled through an index.main.php file.

Lee

3 Aug 06, 2009 09:31

got it through the index, but where is it pulling the text from? Would like to change it to Comment or something....

4 Aug 06, 2009 09:41

In the above example it is using the default values. I think you will need to change some of the parameters to edit the text:

'link_text_zero' => 'I have no feedback...it makes me sad.... please send me some',
'link_text_one' => 'I have only 1 feedback, give me more',
'link_text_more' => 'Yay.... I have %d feedbacks',

I haven't tested the above but it should get you on the right track.

L

Form is loading...