Recent Topics

1 Aug 07, 2009 22:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Trying to do a new install on Go Daddy - version 2.4.7, MySql version 5. After uploading all B2evolution files & creating a blank database, when I go to http://yoursite.com/yourfolder/install to begin the installation process, I keep getting a parse error...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$', expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in /home/content/c/h/r/christinabra/html/b2evolution2/blogs/inc/items/model/_item.class.php on line 869

I thought there might be an issue with the copy that I downloaded so I deleted all B2evolution files from my pc and from the server, downloaded a new copy and uploaded that to the Go Daddy server.

Are there any known issues for installing on Go Daddy other than the handful I saw in this forum? Any insights you may be able to offer are greatly appreciated! :)

2 Aug 07, 2009 22:59

Are you sure you uploaded all files completely to your server?

3 Aug 07, 2009 23:08

Just called their support team and their response is that customers are successfully installing this version of the blog without issues. I saw a few notes, but they apply to earlier versions. One suggested modifying the php.ini file. I wanted to wait to see if there was other feedback before going down that road... I cannot access the user manual on here, IE won't load it. I recall something to the effect of changing a global resistration setting in the ini file, but can't remember the rest.

4 Aug 07, 2009 23:22

Well, that error looks like the file is corrupted. Maybe you could upload the files again and overwrite the old files on the server (do not delete them)?

5 Aug 07, 2009 23:24

Thanks :) Just as a test I tried deleting the $ on line 869 and replaced it with &, but that just created a bigger mess. lol, I'll give it another go...

6 Aug 07, 2009 23:34

Just re-upload all files again.
You'll notice another problem when you'll try to login in backoffice, but you have to install b2evo first ;)

I'm a GoDaddy expert here :)

7 Aug 07, 2009 23:46

Deleted b2evolution, downloaded a new copy of version 2.4.7. Uploaded to Go Daddy and attempted to install. Still getting Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$', expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in /home/content/c/h/r/christinabra/html/b2evolution/blogs/inc/items/model/_item.class.php on line 869 :(

8 Aug 07, 2009 23:49

Can you PM me a link to your site and FTP login/pass

Form is loading...