Recent Topics

1 Aug 12, 2009 06:03    

This was reported already (repeatedly I think) but it is still not back, so I'm formally filing it as a bug report.

There used to be a field for giving widgets a "Backoffice" name 3.0.x. Sometime 3.1.x or 3.2.x this was removed, and in 3.3.x it is still non-existent. This is a downgrade than an upgrade, and I don't remember hearing any news about it (like why it was removed), unless I missed it.

Bug report: Widget "Backoffice" Names
Especially useful for "Free HTML" widget and all widgets where the end-user chooses to not include a "Block Title".

3.3.x currently uses the "Block Title" field as the "Backoffice" name. But try to leave it empty, again for example for the Free HTML widget, and you get a long list of "Free HTML" on your Blog Settings -> Widgets tab.

For this bug report, I'm filing it as "widget-wide", not just for the Free HTML widget.

Thank you.

2 Aug 26, 2009 20:51

I agree, this is majar demerit.

3 Aug 26, 2009 21:27

Well, the Free HTML widget in the development version (CVS HEAD) of b2evo displays the first 60 characters of the block content if the block title is empty, but that change wasn't merged into v3.3.x (accidentally?) and I don't know whether it will be merged into v3.3.x at all, now that this branch is released.

4 Aug 26, 2009 22:39

I have the same problem with other widgets (like the custom fields from yabba.

I use up to 10 custom fields in # group, and now it is just guess and tough luck :(

6 Aug 31, 2009 04:58

+1 - Having the Name of the Widget in the back office is a most have. I have trained my end-users to look for that as they edit their stuff.

Please add it back. Thank you.

7 Sep 08, 2009 17:45

Me too... I need this back please!

8 Sep 18, 2009 22:37

The problem is not to have a name in addition to the title.

The problem is that it doesn't display anything useful when there is no title.

The CVS HEAD version fixes that. v 3.3.2 will do it too.

9 Dec 15, 2009 22:54

+1

The "first X chars" notion is not very good. You know, YMMV, but I very much prefer to have a custom field than having to add a comment at the top of the code just to get it to show in the widget list. Not all users can do that: sometimes you can be thankful they know how to copy the code they want from other site and paste it in the right place. HTML coding is out of the question for them.

Form is loading...