Recent Topics

1 Aug 14, 2009 06:07    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hello all,

Is there a way I can take all the posts that I had put into a couple of categories I don't use anymore and reassign any such category reference to a different category?

Alternatively, what happens if I delete a category if some postings have that as their primary category?

Thanks,
Ross

2 Aug 14, 2009 07:58

If you move your dormant cats so that they become a sub-cat of the category that you want to move the posts into, and then delete the sub-cats, the posts get assigned to the parent cat ;)

¥

3 Aug 14, 2009 15:32

The dormant cats are subs of the cat that I want to move the posts to. I tried moving them to another parent category and then back, but when I try to delete, it says that there are some posts assigned to the dormant category as the main category and some as the extra category so the category cannot be deleted.

It' starting to look like all I can do is go through each article in the category and reassign them.

4 Aug 14, 2009 17:06

Hmmm, that must be a behaviour change, was pretty sure that deleting a cat auto-moved/assigned posts to the parent .... ahhh well, you live an learn

... you could cheat and just use mysql

UPDATE T_items__item SET post_main_cat_ID=#new_parent# WHERE post_main_cat_ID IN( #dormant child#, #next_dormant_child#, #etc# )
UPDATE T_postcats SET postcat_cat_ID = #new_parent# WHERE postcat_cat_ID IN( #dormant child#, #next_dormant_child#, #etc# )

Totally free-typed, not even checked the field names ... sooooo

1) take a backup
2) if/when it barfs, lookup the proper table/field names
3) re-run and hope I was close enough ;)

¥

Form is loading...