Recent Topics

1 Aug 19, 2009 17:56    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hello b2evo devs and users,

I recently upgraded my b2evolution copy from 2.4.7 to 3.3.1. I have some different (smaller) problems as well, but the main one is that:

Every post on the front page of each of my blogs is showing the RSS contents and a more link, instead of the real post contents (partly without a more link).
How could that happen?

I tried each skin with each blog: The result is everytime the same.

My smaller problems are refering to my custom pixelgreen skin only (I modified it a bit).

The blog url is: http://blog.gt-schorsch.de/

2 Aug 19, 2009 18:26

That's a new one on me ... I'd need an admin login to even begin to help you.

Just in case : it's far safer to PM that than post it on a public forum :P

¥

3 Aug 19, 2009 19:03

Thank you for your offer, but I found the mistake after thinking a bit:

I added the functionality to display special posts as stickies using [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=18121]this HowTo[/url] when I was using 2.4.7. That caused the error...

So, now I have got one (probably simple) question left:

How do I manage to have one sticky post in 3.3.1?

4 Aug 19, 2009 19:09

In 3.x you can make featured posts ( admin > wite > expert ( might be on simple to ) : just under categories )

¥

5 Aug 19, 2009 19:27

¥åßßå wrote:

In 3.x you can make featured posts ( admin > wite > expert ( might be on simple to ) : just under categories )

¥

Thanks, but unfortunately that doesn't work for me. This "featured post" is not shown on top of the page, instead it is - as always - sorted by publication date.

By the way: What is an Intro-All or Intro-Main? I found it under post type in the write window as well. But when I select that, it doesn't seem to work like a sticky (which should be always the first entry of the front page in my understanding, no matter what else is posted after it), too.

6 Aug 19, 2009 19:40

The chances are that it's your skin that doesn't know that featured posts exist, try one of the default skins, make a "normal" post and tick "I'm a sticky thing" ... ohhh yeah, then click "publish now" because nowadays "save" means "draft" not "unleash my bile on the minions that follow me .... and the spam bots .... but they, the spam bots that is, wouldn't know what bile was if it hit them in the face with a wet kipper" ;)

¥

7 Aug 19, 2009 19:55

¥åßßå wrote:

The chances are that it's your skin that doesn't know that featured posts exist, try one of the default skins, make a "normal" post and tick "I'm a sticky thing" ... ohhh yeah, then click "publish now" because nowadays "save" means "draft" not "unleash my bile on the minions that follow me .... and the spam bots .... but they, the spam bots that is, wouldn't know what bile was if it hit them in the face with a wet kipper" ;)

¥

Ah ok, that worked for me. Thank you!

So I "just" need to modify the skin again, using the "new" pixelgreen design as the starting point...

8 Aug 19, 2009 19:56

Better than the problems you originally started with :D

¥

Form is loading...