Recent Topics

1 Aug 19, 2009 18:49    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello,

No matter where I "upload" the files, when I try to load the index.php file into a browser(Firefox 3.0.13) I get nothing but garbage on the page.

I know it must be something simple, but it's surely frustrating not to even be able to load the darned software!

Thanks!

Blaine

2 Aug 19, 2009 19:07

What do you call garbage? ( copy paste what you see and surround it with [quote][/quote] tags )

¥

3 Aug 19, 2009 19:19

¥åßßå wrote:

What do you call garbage? ( copy paste what you see and surround it with [quote][/quote] tags )

¥

Here's the first part of the first page:

'; } // Activate default locale: if( ! locale_activate( $default_locale ) ) { // Could not activate locale (non-existent?), fallback to en-US: $default_locale = 'en-US'; locale_activate( 'en-US' ); } init_charsets( $current_charset ); $timestamp = time() - 120; // We start dates 2 minutes ago because their dates increase 1 second at a time and we want everything to be visible when the user watches the blogs right after install :P switch( $action ) { case 'evoupgrade': $title = T_('Upgrade from a previous version'); break; case 'newdb': $title = T_('New Install'); break; case 'cafelogupgrade': $title = T_('Upgrade from Cafelog/b2'); break; case 'deletedb': $title = T_('Delete b2evolution tables'); break; case 'start': $title = T_('Base configuration'); break; default: $title = ''; } header('Content-Type: text/html; charset='.$io_charset); header('Cache-Control: no-cache'); // no request to this page should get cached! ?>
b2evolution
: · : ·
error ) { // restart conf echo '

'.T_('Check your database config settings below and update them if necessary...').'
'; display_base_config_recap(); $action = 'start'; } else { $DB->halt_on_error = true; // From now on, halt on errors. $DB->show_errors = true; // From now on, show errors (they're helpful in case of errors!). // Check MySQL version $mysql_version = $DB->get_var( 'SELECT VERSION()' ); list( $mysl_version_main, $mysl_version_minor ) = explode( '.', $mysql_version ); if( ($mysl_version_main * 100 + $mysl_version_minor) < 401 ) { die( '

'.sprintf(T_('The minimum requirement for this version of b2evolution is %s version %s but you are trying to use version %s!'), 'MySQL', '4.1', $mysql_version ).'
'); } } } // Check PHP version list( $version_main, $version_minor ) = explode( '.', phpversion() ); if( ($version_main * 100 + $version_minor) < 401 ) { die( '

'.sprintf(T_('The minimum requirement for this version of b2evolution is %s version %s but you are trying to use version %s!'), 'PHP', '4.1.0', phpversion() ).'
'); } // Check other dependencies: // TODO: Non-install/upgrade-actions should be allowed (e.g. "deletedb") if( $req_errors = install_validate_requirements() ) { echo '
'; echo '

'.T_('b2evolution cannot be installed, because of the following errors:').'
'; echo '

* '.implode( '
* ', $req_errors ).'

'; echo '

4 Aug 19, 2009 19:36

looks like you have a corrupted zip ... grab a new copy of the zip and start again ;)

¥

5 Aug 19, 2009 20:01

¥åßßå wrote:

looks like you have a corrupted zip ... grab a new copy of the zip and start again ;)

¥

Will do...

Thanks!

Blaine

6 Aug 19, 2009 22:17

Tried installing with new download. Similar results. Is there anything else to try?

Thanks.

Blaine

7 Aug 24, 2009 16:19

Update...

Ran a fresh install on a fresh install of LAMP. Now, when I try to open index.php I get a "PHP not installed correctly if you're reading this..." screen in the browser.

OK, so what is the bloody "Correct" way to install PHP, please?

Thanks!

Blaine

8 Aug 24, 2009 16:47

BTW...

Fedora Core 10
apache 2.2.11
mysql 5.0.84

and PHP 5.2.9

perl 5.10.0

Thanks!

Blaine

9 Aug 24, 2009 17:33

Update:

I get the "PHP incorrectly installed" text from within Konqueror browser bringing up kwrite

I continue to get the seeming garbage from within Firefox (v3.0.13)

Please. Someone point out my mistake.

Thanks!

Blaine

Form is loading...