Recent Topics

1 Aug 26, 2009 14:36    

My b2evolution Version: b2evolution 1.10.2

Hi!
How can I override the 'rel="nofollow"' option in the posts ? That means, to do from the all the links in the posts, real and direct ones ?

Thanks in advance

Roberto
[url=http://ebablogs.com]http://ebablogs.com[/url]

2 Aug 26, 2009 19:49

email google and ask them to stop supporting their proprietary tag that ignores the w3c rules?

¥

3 Aug 26, 2009 20:24

May I receive a serious HELP ?

4 Aug 26, 2009 22:50

My 2 blogs are moderated, therefore I need the similar function of the DoFollow plugin of WordPress, or to know WHERE (in which file) I find the "rel=nofollow" of my B2evo....

...seriously !

I am reading file by file... and I don't find where to change those functions...

5 Aug 27, 2009 17:23

I don't have v1.10.2 to test it, but I created a test post in v3.3.1 with a manual <a href="url">link</a> and with a simple URL to allow the Auto Links plug-in to do its thing, and neither ended up with the non-standard rel attribute in its anchor tag.

Maybe upgrading is the solution?

6 Aug 27, 2009 18:29

Hi!
Thanks for your serious answer...
If I had the knowledge to upgrade... I was not with a 1.10.2 version...

But, I am very glad with this version, being my blogs MODERATED (with any spam or spammers problems...) and it's the BEST solution for what I need...

The solution, for what I read about overriding the rel=nofollow in the actual version in these forums, is to know WHERE is the _class.comments.php in my version (I have the comments.class.php but I don't find the nofollow string....)

In this way, I'll solve the problem for ALL the posts at once...

Roberto

7 Aug 27, 2009 18:39

Download a program called 'agent ransack' and use it to search your local copy of your installation for "nofollow". That'll tell you every file that has that word in it, which ought to narrow the field down from 'every file in the package' quite a bit eh?

And stop shouting! MODERATED normally refers to something needing approval before making published. If that is the moderation you refer to that is stopping spam I think you're a bit confused. Spammers would still leave comments - you just would just delete them instead of publish them.

Anyway yeah there are other programs that can search a folder for a word in a file. Heck windows search thingie will do it but I think it is kinda slow and I'm pretty sure it doesn't tell you which line/lines the search word shows up on. Dreamweaver does it but you are probably supposed to buy that one. Agent Ransack does it for free. Free is good :)

9 Aug 27, 2009 18:56

You complain when I don't reply within 48 hours and you complain when I do ;)

¥

10 Aug 27, 2009 19:01

I complain when you joke about the problems from who does not knows what you know.... as me ! Anybody complained about the hours....

Downloaded the program and found the files... what must I do and where ?

Thank for your patience !

Roberto

11 Aug 27, 2009 19:08

Who was joking? that *is* the answer

You've complained since day one on the forums, search through your history and read line 8 of the plugin from my last reply to you ... assuming you still have it? ... at least this time I replied within 48 hours

¥

12 Aug 27, 2009 19:11

azarober wrote:

I complain when you joke about the problems from who does not knows what you know.... as me ! Anybody complained about the hours....

I recall you from your early times here. Obnoxious and rude. So you get what you give eh? BTW if you don't like "slow free" you might consider hiring someone.

azarober wrote:

Downloaded the program and found the files... what must I do and where ?

uh... change whatever it is you want to change so that it does whatever it is you want to do?

1.10.2 is officially tagged as obsolete. Nothing wrong with it (although you most certainly should do the 1.10.3 upgrade for the minor details and performance boost you will experience), but there have been 18 releases since then. What I'm saying is that most people here have moved away from 1.everything a long time ago. 2.4.7 seems to be the end of the line for the 2.* generation, but 3.3.1 (first 'stable' in the 3.* generation) seems to be quite buggy.

Anyway most folk are using 2.4.* or 3.3.1. Your version is way too old for anyone to recall what you would edit to gain this or that change. Thus "change whatever it is you want to change so that it does whatever it is you want to do" is about the best you'll come across.

IF the post is stored with nofollow then changing files won't alter them. For that you will have to edit each post OR alter your database.

13 Aug 27, 2009 19:12

I don't know about what are you speaking....
What I have to look for and change, please !
This topic is from today. thanks for asking... but say me what to do !

14 Aug 27, 2009 20:06

Why to block my question in the spanish board when you don't know the right answer here ?

15 Aug 27, 2009 20:13

Maybe check the Antispam plug-in settings? I downloaded 1.10.2 and did a quick search for "nofollow" in the files. That yielded this string on line 95 of _basic_antispam.plugin.php:

plugins/basic_antispam_plugin/_basic_antispam.plugin.php wrote:

For how long should rel="nofollow" be applied to comment links? (0 means never, -1 means always)

If there's no setting in the Admin panel for disabling the nofollow attribute, the Antispam plug-in may be what you need to modify.

Other than that, you may be on your own. As EdB says, most have moved on from the 1.x versions and forgotten what they used to know, so there is not much help to be had if you cling to the past.

Cheers!

16 Aug 27, 2009 21:06

Thanks a lot for your work and go on trying...
I discover yesterday those lines in
plugins/basic_antispam_plugin/_basic_antispam.plugin.php
and changed nofollow by follow and another time for dofollow...
third time I deleted all the paragraph speaking about rel=nofollow...
nothing was done... is not there !

At some place, in some file is the "make link" which does all the post nofollow... but I don't know where...

About the upgrade, I am the writer of the blogs and my other five sites... but nothing to do with php, etc... perhaps, some HTML and that's all !

The ONLY site I have upgraded is SMF Forum, which upgrade is automatic with only one click through my admin cPanel of the forum... I receive the note that there is an upgrade, one click and that's all !
My Joomla, Moodle, Tiki Wiki and B2E are antiques... but working !

Thanks for your work again !

I'll go on looking for the solution in another forums... perhaps the first answer of this thread was right... ONLY GOOGLE KNOWS THE REAL ANSWER... I'll go on looking for...

Roberto

17 Aug 27, 2009 22:22

Changed 0 by 1 at that line 95... nothing happens at a new post....

Thanks pirsquared ...

18 Aug 28, 2009 07:59

azarober wrote:

Why to block my question in the spanish board when you don't know the right answer here ?

¥åßßå wrote:

Duplicate post. original @ link [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=19519]Override rel="nofollow"[/url]

¥

Your thread was locked because it was a duplicate posts and duplicate posts don't help anybody. If you have any complaints about it feel free to pm an admin.

I suggest you reassess your attitude before you contact them.

¥

19 Aug 28, 2009 12:46

Dear Sir:
How old are you, kid ?
Who need to reassess their attitude ?

Who uses the force and blocks and does not give an answer, does not knows NOTHING !

In case you want to bring suit against me, here you can find me, but please don't delete neither a line or any post from this thread nor the blocked question in the spanish board:

Prof. Roberto Azar
eBA Stats Group
CEO

* excessive linkage deleted because you told us not to - EdB

20 Aug 28, 2009 20:00

As it happens, I'm a smidge to old to be classed as a child by anything less than a fossil.

I have no desire to bring "suit" against you, I just have no desire to give a simple solution to someone who's had the attitude that you've had since the day that you started on these forums ... all language barriers aside, your as obnoxious in spanish huh?

If you wish, I can merge your spanish and english threads together ( duplicate content really doesn't help ), and make the final thread in either the spanish or english forum. Let me know your preference.

If you wish to take "suit" with me then feel free to visit me at home, my address is in the public domain @ link [url=http://whois.domaintools.com/innervisions.org.uk]whois:innervisions.org.uk[/url]

¥

21 Sep 18, 2009 20:43

Have you found solution to your problem ? I also have the same problem...

22 Sep 21, 2009 12:55

Hi Brianden, thanks a lot for your email and support in this difficult thread...

Yes, the problem was solved by a registered member of my sites, who had a B2Evo and moved to Wordpress, and wrote a DoFollow plugin for B2Evo for himself and send me a copy...

The plugin "dofollow" for B2Evo ( he says it is valid "for all versions"... I only know it works for my obsolete one... ) is just what I needed and the last thing I need to change and go on with my blogs...

The remarkable thing about that plugin is that here, in these forums, it was assured to me that no change can alter the database... "... If the post is stored with nofollow then changing files won't alter them..."

And really, I don't know how, the author surely knows what he did when installed the plugin, all the posts in all the blogs are now "dofollow". Firefox Search Status component and others probes it...

If all those features were not enough, the option to enable or disable the "dofollow" in each post, as the open/close comments option, and as check or not HTML, is incredibly efficient and simple ...
I enable the plugin in 'open comments' posts and disable it in 'close comments' posts where I feel free to insert dofollow-links to any site I want, correct ?

Send me a PM with your email, if you need the plugin...

This thread is SOLVED ! Thanks to everybody for the help !

Roberto
http://ebablogs.com

23 Sep 21, 2009 20:05

azarober wrote:

The remarkable thing about that plugin is that here, in these forums, it was assured to me that no change can alter the database... "... If the post is stored with nofollow then changing files won't alter them..."

I'd be interested to see your source for that

nofollow is a one line skin change

¥

24 Sep 23, 2009 00:30

¥åßßå wrote:

azarober wrote:

I'd be interested to see your source for that

nofollow is a one line skin change

¥

Well ... check it out: if the post is stored with nofollow (the post is not stored with nofollow) no change can alter the database (untrue and unrelated).

Given that the nofollow information is not stored in the database (although the option to apply nofollow is in some cases a setting stored in the database) then it doesn't matter if someone feels changing files can not alter the database. That statement is technically not true obviously because upgrading involves file changes that alter the database, but in this case it doesn't matter.

azorober is wrong, but can publish the "plugin" and prove otherwise.

25 Oct 01, 2009 15:17

I have also received that plugin (without "") and the script from the author and it worked fine for me and another three users in different B2Evo versions...
Sorry ! I don't want to disappoint you, but it is true... It works fine for the current blogs (with that plugin) ! Including the databases (with that script) !

Brian den

PS 1= Don't ask me the plugin and the script, they are not mine...

PS 2= If it was an only one line correction, why didn't you gave it at once, from the first post, instead all this ugly discussion ?

PS 3= Anyway... Roberto, thanks for the help... and shut down...!

26 Oct 01, 2009 16:02

brianden wrote:

PS 1= Don't ask me the plugin and the script, they are not mine...

Well that's just not true. Once you are provided a copy of it then it IS yours. No worries.

By the way I put plugin in quotation marks because I question if whatever this is is actually a plugin according to b2evolution's use of that term. It is not uncommon for folks to use terminology they find correct but unfortunately means something else to this software package. The best example of that would be using 'blog' to refer to 'posting in a blog'. As in "How can my new users make a blog".

So maybe it is a plugin and maybe it is a file modification, but who cares? I'm locking this thread because as you've noted this thread is just a cancer. That is typical with anything azarober is involved in. So is locking I'm afraid.

Form is loading...