Recent Topics

1 Aug 29, 2009 15:17    

My b2evolution Version: 331

Hello,

Can someone with more XAMPP / b2e expirence explain what is wrong with either XAMPP or bv2 install when you get errors like:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\MyHomePage\blogs\inc\_core\__core.init.php on line 814

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\MyHomePage\blogs\inc\_core\__core.init.php:814) in D:\MyHomePage\blogs\skins_adm\conf_error.main.php on line 18

This is b2evolution version 3.3.1.

You cannot use the application before you finish configuration and installation.

Base configuration is not done! (see /conf/_basic_config.php)
Please use the installer to finish your configuration/installation now.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\MyHomePage\b2e\blogs\inc\items\model\_item.class.php on line 3546
OK.
Creating sample comments... OK.
Creating default group/blog permissions... OK.
Installing default widgets... OK.

Installation successful!
Now you can log in with the following credentials:

Login: admin
Password: xyz

I hope someone can explain this / know what and how to fix.

Thanks in avance

Louis

3 Aug 29, 2009 17:04

Hello,

I did some further inverstigation, and it is clear that the B2E 331 install script does not work correctly with PHP530.

It seems to be that PHP530 is very strict in regard to definitions and calling by value <> by reference.

What ever the ^Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ^ are errors in regard to PHP530 <> B2E.

There are more errors not unlikely also related to PHP530 <> B2E

What ever causes exactly the problem, I do not get get B2E installed on a completely clean and working latest XAMPP release.

I am afraid that I have to wait with installing b2e up to the moment someone updated the b2e script to deal with PHP530 :<

Sincerely,

Louis

4 Aug 29, 2009 18:35

Well, the errors won't go away until we drop support for PHP 4, but that won't happen any time soon.

A possible workaround is as follows: Open the file blogs/conf/_advanced.php and change line 37 from

error_reporting( E_ALL );

to

error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED );

5 Aug 29, 2009 19:03

louis wrote:

I did some further inverstigation, and it is clear that the B2E 331 install script does not work correctly with PHP530.

These are not errors; they are warnings. I'm not using XAMPP, but b2evolution 3.3.1 works just fine on my local test server: Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.3.0.

louis wrote:

I am afraid that I have to wait with installing b2e up to the moment someone updated the b2e script to deal with PHP530 :<

You only need to modify your error reporting configuration so deprecation warnings are not reported, as suggested by Tblue and by me in the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=19306]above-linked thread[/url].

6 Aug 30, 2009 11:37

Hello,

Thanks for the replays !!

I did change the "_advanced.php" :
error_reporting( E_ALL );
into
error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED );

That helped. But I also did something else, I might have misunderstood.

My target location was: <homepage>/blogs/
The b2evolution dir during install was <homepage>/b2evolution/
And during the install I changed the url to <homepge>/blogs

Perhaps that is not intended. To prevend possible problems, I did change
My target location was: <homepage>/be2/blogs
The b2evolution dir during install was <homepage>/b2e/
And during the install I changed the url to <homepge>/b2e/blogs

That directory was not the intended directory, but it worked.

Sincerely,

Louis

Form is loading...