Recent Topics

1 Sep 23, 2009 16:34    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hi everybody!

I have a very strange problem (strange at least for me)
Some of the users of my blogs complained about they could't get into their user's folder as they did before.

I've been checking via FTP (filezilla) and I found there are some folders in media that they don´t have the usual owner and been replace for a strange new one: "48 48" And so, I can´t change any permissions.

Any sugesttion?

2 Sep 23, 2009 18:44

In your domains control panels filemanager, hit "sort out ownerships"

¥

3 Sep 23, 2009 20:46

I'm not sure what you mean with "domain". I'm afraid you try to say the host domain where my blogs are. In that case, as the host is a huge public organization's one, I can't do anything.
Or do you mean in b2evolution's global settings?

4 Sep 23, 2009 23:00

Ok, in the place that you have where you can create new emails, add sub domains, see your logs ... in that place ... you *should* see something for "file manager" ... with a tad of luck, once you click that, you'll get a folder view of your server space ... tad like explorer ... one of your options for files/folders will be "sort out ownership" ... click it

¥

5 Sep 24, 2009 00:59

Thank you ¥åßßå! But I don´t have any chance to create new emails, new domains... (Wonder if my virtual life would be better if I pay for a different host), because my pages are hosted in a local goverment's one, and we don´t pay anything for them and we don´t have any control of them... There are some workers that manage the host and I´ll try to get something from them....

Anyway... anybody knows what means that the ftp's owner is 48 48?

6 Sep 27, 2009 11:14

I´ve been researching about media´s owners.
I' ve used filezilla and dreamweaver as FTP
After doing some tests, my deduction is this one:

When the folders are created through b2evo the owner is set to apache (In my case, 48 48). The same happened with the files you upload.

When the folders are created through ftp the owner is yours. Nothing changes.

Suppose is something to do with security. But the owner can´t change any permissions of files.

Form is loading...