Recent Topics

1 Sep 29, 2009 12:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello, sorry for asking for help again.

My site is a multiple blog site, b2evo is now running fine with the multiple blogs working a treat but I want something like an index blog.

say my blogs are named: family1, family 2 and family3
I want a new one called main thats the first one you get to and shows when the others have been updated, is this even possible? sorry but I'm so new to the blogging scene.

thanks for any help

3 Sep 29, 2009 13:30

Just tried that, it just goes to the 1st blog in the list.

5 Sep 29, 2009 16:59

Create a new blog and then head over to admin > blogs > [new blog] > advanced and type in a comma separated list of the other blog numbers ( probably 1,2,3 )

Then visit the same blogs url tab and change it to "default on index.php

Finally, meander to admin > global settings and change it to the default blog to display ;)

¥

6 Sep 29, 2009 17:06

Create another blog. On the URLs tab make it be "default on index". On the features (or maybe advanced) tab aggregate the blogs that you want mingled together into this one.

Or check out yourdomain.tld/yourpath/summary.php cuz it does cool stuff.

7 Sep 29, 2009 18:44

Yer gettin' old ;)

¥

8 Oct 14, 2009 11:18

Is it possible to post in the summary blog? I tried it, and it says post created, but then there is no trace of it, either on the blog or in the back office.

Secondly, is there such a thing as a sticky post?

Basically what I want to do is post a welcome introduction at the top of the summary blog. What would be the right way to do that?

thanks!

9 Oct 15, 2009 01:34

b4k4 wrote:

Is it possible to post in the summary blog? I tried it, and it says post created, but then there is no trace of it, either on the blog or in the back office.

Yes, I do it all the time. Dunno where your post went, but it is completely within the possible. Your "summary" blog is nothing more than a blog that also aggregates other blog content in is the thing.

b4k4 wrote:

Secondly, is there such a thing as a sticky post?

That depends on what version you are using. 3.whatever has some bits that can be used like a sticky post. "Intro post" is what they are called. I'm pretty sure for 2.* stuff there was ways to accomplish it as well, but it took modifying files.

b4k4 wrote:

Basically what I want to do is post a welcome introduction at the top of the summary blog. What would be the right way to do that?thanks!

Same thing: depends on your version.

Form is loading...