Recent Topics

1 Oct 04, 2009 00:51    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

I'm intending to create a site that lists all of the a cappella groups in the world, broken down by continent, country, state/province, city. My first blog would show the links to blogs for each continent.

On the blogs for each continent, I'd like to only to display (at the top) the links to blogs for it's countries that have a cappella groups. Then I would use categories for all other geographical breakdowns plus music genres, gender etc.

But the only widget that seems to place blog links at the the top, places all public blog links on every blog.

Is there a way to just place a selected list of blogs at the top? Can the list public widget be copied and modified? If so could someone give me the required code changes? I have no PHP experience.

Thanks[b][/b]

3 Oct 04, 2009 05:06

Thanks. Your plugin worked.

But do I have to worry about it working in future versions of B2Evolution?

By then I would have invested a lot of time and energy, while depending on this plugin. :)

4 Oct 04, 2009 16:21

Neither you or I can tell what future releases of b2evolution may or may not change, so why worry now? The idea of a bloglist that has blogs either in it or not in it is as old as b2evolution, so it'll probably be with us for some time. Then again there used to be a little detail where you picked the linkblog for each blog by an ID number. It went away when widgets came along. Anything that was after-market that depended on that detail was no longer needed ... and wouldn't work.

But seriously, when you have a lot of time and energy invested in your domain and installation are you going to just randomly upgrade to whatever comes along without giving serious thought to how it might impact your work? I'd say at this unknown future date you'd probably test the upgrade and list changes that you have to resolve before going live ... or deciding against the upgrade.

Anyway to answer the question no. You don't have to worry about anything. You can if you're into it, but you're not obligated to ;)

Form is loading...