Recent Topics

1 Oct 14, 2009 06:24    

Let's put it in an analogy.. (actually these are the type of signatures I use these days :p )

Microsoft vs. Linux
or
Proprietary vs. FLOSS

That's "WordPress vs. b2evolution" for ya ;)

Gets?
No?!!

Here's another:

Most Secured OS: Linux (Ubuntu)
Most Secured CMS: b2evolution

Most Customizable OS: Linux (Ubuntu)
Most Customizable CMS: b2evolution

Least Complicated OS: Linux (Ubuntu) [seriously, Microsoft Windows is very complicated]
Least Complicated CMS: b2evolution [seriously, b2evolution's skinning system is much simpler]

Now gets?

Cool!! So which one will you choose now? You know the answer to that: b2evolution!!

2 Oct 20, 2009 19:28

I choose b2evolution

3 Nov 04, 2009 22:27

interesting thoughts :)

4 Nov 11, 2009 00:05

I use to sing the praises for b2evolution across the land. Now they have changed the file manager and it has a lot of problems from a usability standpoint. I tried getting some answers, thinking that I could use the file manager as I did in 2.4.2. However, all I got was John, a moderator, being rude to me. That doesn't help me feel any better about the new and not so improved b2evolution. In fact, John upset me to the point I was ready to blog about b2evolution in a negative way in my blog, and I have a heck of alot of readers. I am sitting here thinking of going to opensourcecms.org, or whatever the place is and looking for a new opensource blog engine.

5 Nov 11, 2009 00:59

Kimberly, I was not being "rude" at all. I was simply pointing out that multiple posts on the same topic does you no help. They loose context for anyone wanting to reply to the subject.

Sure, your post has a slight variance, but it's the same TOPIC.

If you want to bag me over this then fine, blast away.
Keeping this forum tidy and easy for other users to follow is all I'm seeking to do.

6 Nov 11, 2009 04:00

It was not a multiple post on the same topic; it was a new topic. I was asking what the differences were, that would make me upgrade since I do not like the way the files manager works. In other words, if there is no security issues in running an older version, then one could stay with an older version. If there are security issues, then one would have to go out and find a more suitable blog engine.

Since you mention keeping the form tidy and easy for other users to follow, I requested the LOCKED post I created to be deleted since no one can post to it to tell me the differences between the version with a proper file manager and the current one with the file manager that I believe has a big usability problem associated with it.

Bag you? I did look for a place to complain, but could not find one. If you can point me to where I can file a complaint to the forum owners, I would appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Kimberly

9 Jan 26, 2012 22:33

Interesting !!! :) But i like b2evolution :)

Form is loading...