Recent Topics

1 Oct 27, 2009 20:36    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

when I upload pictures per FTP and open them in the files-tab, the thumnails are black and on them there is the message: ".evocache folder read/write error! check filesystem permissions."

Actually I have a similar problem, that b2evolution seems to have problems to create folders in the media folder.
Always, when I create a new blog, I have to create the needed folder manually and change the rights to 777, 'cause there is a error message, that b2evolution couldn't do it on it's own.
Because of that I created a folder .evocache in the /media/blogs folder and one in the media/users/admin/ and gave them 777.

But it don't work.

Where has the .evocache folder to be or do I have a basic problem with my blog-system?

thx and greetings from germany

Co2

2 Oct 28, 2009 05:53

Just FTP to your server and set permissions to the media folder and all sub dirs to 777.
FileZilla can do this in two clicks.

If you own the server, check user and group permissions for media directory.

3 Oct 28, 2009 07:25

Hi sam2kb,

sam2kb wrote:

Just FTP to your server and set permissions to the media folder and all sub dirs to 777. FileZilla can do this in two clicks. If you own the server, check user and group permissions for media directory.

That's what I have. The media dir itself and all subfolders are set 777

It seems bsevolution had problems to create the .evocache folder, too.
For that my question is, where to place that .evocache folder.

In media? In media/blogs? In media/blogs/users/admin.

That is what I tried.
Allways the same problem!

thx Co2

4 Oct 28, 2009 08:28

You won't solve the problem by creating .evocache directories.
These directories should be created in every media subdir. Plus you will have to create directories [u]for each file[/u] you upload.

Check user/group permissions on media dir. Or try creating another media directory.

5 Nov 05, 2009 16:45

Hi all,

my provider solved the problem for me by switching off the "safe mode"

thx for your help and greetings from germany

Co2

Form is loading...