Recent Topics

1 Nov 19, 2009 04:22    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hey everyone. I have reCAPTCHA setup on my blog but am looking for a bit of help. I don't know a thing about PHP really or b2evolution script. The plugin is working well for the most part but I was hoping for a couple things to be resolved.

1. If you submit the wrong code or just click send comment without filling anything out you will notice this at the top:

error in _challenge and/or _response

Why is this appearing and how can I fix it?

2. The reCAPTCHA is not centered on my comment posts, this is obviously a minor thing but I would love to get it to center nicely. Someone left a comment on the plugin with a corrected file, I corrected the syntax errors but whatever he/she did for the centering part really doesn't work on mine. It just creates a lined box around it and makes it look even worse.

I apporiciate any help at all. Here is the site if you would like to test anything: http://farmvillefanatic.com

2 Nov 22, 2009 03:13

I'm getting what one would expect:

Cannot post comment, please correct these errors:
You provided an incorrect or invalid response to reCAPTCHA, please try again

[Back to comment editing]

So I'm guessing you fixed this?

Sorry but I can't help with the not centering problem :( It must be in your css but when I use webdeveloper to outline the current element and edit your css the nesting is extremely deep and you've got a lot of style sheets it pulls to try to find where recaptcha_area is styled. Then the table inside that holds all the recaptcha bits is another layer.

One thing I noticed is that recaptcha_widget_div recaptcha_area are divs with IDs, but your recaptcha_styles file uses a dot in front of a name. Perhaps that is a clue ... but I couldn't find anywhere that had styles for #recaptcha_widget_div or #recaptcha_area.

3 Nov 22, 2009 10:51

Weird that you don't get the error, I still see it and haven't found a way to fix it. Ive had others report it as well.

Anyways, Ive simply removed this plugin and switched to another Captcha plugin that fits my site better. It looks cleaner, centers correctly and does not throw out the error.

Thanks for the help.

Form is loading...