Recent Topics

1 Dec 08, 2009 01:09    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.2

This is the second blog I've Updated from version 2.X.X to 3.3.2 in which original language of Blog was Spanish but, when upgraded it becomes English although its stated at Regional, User, Default Regional, etc. That language is Spanish.
What's wrong here?
The two Blogs are in different servers.

This issue is very important to me.

By the way, b2evolution developers SHOULD consider including proven working locales other than the three or four you are now including. It really doesn't matter if the b2evolution file becomes heavier...

2 Dec 08, 2009 01:17

By the way, although "Regional" option says:

Overridden by browser config, user locale or blog locale (in this order).

Its not happening, nor do I want it to happen.

4 Dec 08, 2009 14:58

Hi gcasanova,

utf-8 works ok with all mayor browsers. Maybe your database is not in utf-8 in which case you would have to convert it to utf-8.

If that's not possible, then you can convert the language file instead:

iconv -f utf-8 -t iso-8859-1 -o locales/es_VE/_global.iso8859-1.php locales/es_VE/_global.php

Next, edit at the top of the _global.iso8859-1.php file and change the following line, so that the proper character set is used (iso-8859-1):

'__meta__' => array('format_version'=>1, 'charset'=>'utf-8'),

ie., after the change, it should be:

'__meta__' => array('format_version'=>1, 'charset'=>'iso-8859-1'),

save the changes and now rename locales/es_VE/_global.iso8859-1.php into locales/es_VE/_global.php (previously saving the original _global.php just in case.)

That should do it. But be warned, I haven't tested the previous steps myself, since I have all my databases and b2evo installations in UTF-8 since 3 years ago.

Maybe next time I go into translations of b2evo I will release an ISO-8859-1 version is there's enough demand for it.

Cheers,

6 Dec 08, 2009 17:13

Guillermo,

It is not clear to me what you mean when you say " when upgraded it becomes English ".

When I go to your blog http://www.guillermocasanova.net, I see texts like " Canal RSS para los comentarios de este artículo. "

That, to me, means that the localization is perfectly functional.

7 Dec 08, 2009 17:32

fplanque:

Thanks for taking the time to review this issue, but it's not my blog the one with problems. It`s two other blogs that have failed to keep its regional settings when upgraded. One, www.anajuliajatar.com seems to be fixed now, I have to check in different browsers and computers to see if that is true. The other, lastunas.com.ve I haven't been able to fix, yet.

The thing is, when upgrading, all former settings should be kept, right? But in this cases, the language settings have not been kept at all. This is something that never happened to me in prior versions.

Now that you mention it, www.guillermocasanova.net has another unsolved problem addressed here:
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=18739

8 Dec 10, 2009 05:44

The only thing I can think of is that you had a locale with a specific name and when you upgraded, for some reason, that locale got deleted and you replaced it with another spanish locale with a slightly different name. Is that a possibility?

What did you do on www.anajuliajatar.com that you cannot do on lastunas.com.ve ?

Form is loading...