Recent Topics

1 Dec 23, 2009 02:45    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I'm designing a website for a client, using b2evo 3.3.3

The problem I'm having with this version and the skin I'm using / changing, is that the image attachments are automatically linked to the full size raw media URL and I'd rather they were not. I want them to remain indexed etc. But i'd rather they opened in a lightbox, or simply Not at all.

What php file should i edit to change this. I'd actually like to use the lightbox plugin for full size image views... but if that's not possible with 3.3.3, then I'd at least want to take out the automatic <a href="...">.

Hopefully someone understands my request. I'm not sure i used all the proper language! lol. but regardless I need help asap. Thanks in advance.

basically, I'm making post for each individual image file. When it attaches itself, it automatically links the image to it's raw URL file... supposedly so people can view the full size that hasn't been resized to fit the content area.... BUT... I do not want it automatically linking to the raw image url, UNLESS IT's in a LIGHTBOX! :D

2 Dec 23, 2009 10:45

Install the lightbox plugin then :-/

3 Dec 24, 2009 02:13

Does it work for 3.3.3?

I read numerous forum post saying that it doesn't.

i would still like to know what php file I can edit to take out that <a href> or alter it myself to work with a gallery script of my own.

4 Dec 24, 2009 03:28

It's on the todo list to make this optional. I'll let you know which file as soon as I dig into it ;)

5 Dec 24, 2009 03:31

CandyAcidReign wrote:

Does it work for 3.3.3?

I read numerous forum post saying that it doesn't.

I don't know, but at least you can try.

To remove the image links add this string 'image_link_to' => '', to the images() function in skins/_item_content.inc.php, line 150

// Display images that are linked to this post:
$Item->images( array(
		'before' =>              $params['before_images'],
		'before_image' =>        $params['before_image'],
		'before_image_legend' => $params['before_image_legend'],
		'after_image_legend' =>  $params['after_image_legend'],
		'after_image' =>         $params['after_image_legend'],
		'after' =>               $params['after_images'],
		'image_size' =>          $params['image_size'],
		'image_link_to'	=>       '',
	) );

6 Dec 24, 2009 03:43

Added to CVS :)

It's now possible to override this parameter in skin

7 Dec 24, 2009 03:57

Thank you Sam2kb! I was actually going to add that "link to" line myself yesterday, but wasn't sure I should! Thank you so much. I'm guessing maybe creating a "link to" that can include rel="lightbox" could actually help with the lightbox issue as well in 3.3.3

I'm going to try it out. my appreciation for answering so swiftly.

8 Dec 24, 2009 04:00

There's quite some people requesting lightbox indeed. Would prolly make sense to have it available in the core.

10 Dec 25, 2009 04:06

Does anyone know how to change the code so instead of loading the large original image url when someone clicks the image, the user would get a the image in a popup with the image and the print command?

Form is loading...