Recent Topics

1 Dec 27, 2009 06:59    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.2

Greetings Folks,

Just installed b2e today and am having a little trouble with redirects. When I try to open blog1.php or blog2.php I get the following error (Safari):

Safari can’t open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.smilingkarma.com/mrskarlsblog/blog1.php”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

I have the blogX.php files in www.smilingkarma.com/mrskarlsblog directory.

Note that I initially installed them in www.smilingkarma.com/mrskarlsblog/blogs but then cleanly (I think) moved them up a directory.

I see other folks having trouble with redirects. I have tried to apply some of those solutions with no luck.

Can someone help me get unstuck?

2 Dec 27, 2009 21:42

Welcome to the forums

Can you set $debug = 2; in conf/_advanced.php, line 35. This will display a lot of useful information about your redirects.

Please report back when you do this so I can take a look, or make a screenshot

3 Dec 28, 2009 21:57

sam2kb,

Same result. No difference.

Any other suggestions?

4 Dec 28, 2009 22:09

There won't be any difference.
$debug = 2; doesn't fix the problem, but it lets you find the reason why infinite redirect happens.

BTW do you use make redirects with .htaccess ?

5 Jun 29, 2010 20:22

sam2kb wrote:

There won't be any difference.
$debug = 2; doesn't fix the problem, but it lets you find the reason why infinite redirect happens.

BTW do you use make redirects with .htaccess ?

Hi,

I am new to this and have the same problem as asked previously:

Safari can’t open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open etc etc.

The last person did not appear to follow up but perhaps you might be able to direct me a little. I have loaded b2evo with a 'ONE CLICK' install via my host 123-reg.co.uk. It all loaded successfully and I can see and use the admin section but when I try and 'see' a 'Public View' I am getting the redirect problem in all browsers.

Have tried uninstalling and then upgrading to the latest version but the same problem re-occurs. I would really appreciate any advice you can give especially if a novice like me could understand it.

Thanks

6 Jun 30, 2010 02:13

Can you post a link to your blog?

7 Jun 30, 2010 10:25

sam2kb wrote:

Can you post a link to your blog?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I will post a link but first must load it again. (The host company had suggested that in the meantime)

I will let you know when I have done it.

9 Jun 30, 2010 16:28

See if you have a .htaccess file in your website and/or blog directory. Rename these files and check the blog again.

You should also do the following

Can you set $debug = 2; in conf/_advanced.php, line 35. This will display a lot of useful information about your redirects.

10 Jun 30, 2010 17:44

sam2kb wrote:

See if you have a .htaccess file in your website and/or blog directory. Rename these files and check the blog again.

You should also do the following

There is a file called sample.htaccess in the blog folder. I did rename this on a previous install to just .htaccess as another forum entry suggested and it disappeared. Is there something else I should specifically name it please?

11 Jul 01, 2010 14:02

Please report back when you do this so I can take a look, or make a screenshot[/quote][/quote]

OK - I have renamed the file to just .htaccess and set the conf file to = 2

Still the same problem.

I did look into the htaccess file and noted that at the bottom it says this:

# Redirect anything that's not an existing directory or file to index.php:
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
#RewriteRule ^ index.php

Any more help you can give would be very much appreciated and I apologise if i am being stupid but I am new to this.

Thanks again.

12 Jul 01, 2010 16:34

Just for kicks, do you have a "/4fstalk/blog1.php" file ?

¥

14 Jul 01, 2010 18:16

¥åßßå wrote:

Just for kicks, do you have a "/4fstalk/blog1.php" file ?

¥

Not ye.

Trying to get the thing started. As you can see setting up is not easy and made even worse by the fact that I am using a USB modem in Spain. Used up my data allowance in no time and now it is on a trickle...

15 Jul 01, 2010 18:34

sam2kb wrote:

At least b2evo is alive http://www.4fooksake.com/4fstalk/index.php?blog=888
http://www.4fooksake.com/4fstalk/blog1.php?disp=arcdir :)

Try unchecking "Redirect to canonical URL" in Blog settings > SEO
Set all links to use "params" instead of extra path on URLs tab

Well I can only confess: I don't know why and I don't know how but that seems to have done the trick.

And for that I thank you most sincerely!

Do you mind if I keep this thread open a while because you are a lot cleverer than me - and I might get into trouble again!!

Thanks a million!

16 Jul 01, 2010 18:56

Are you sure it's fixed? I still can't access the blog

17 Jul 01, 2010 19:07

sam2kb wrote:

Are you sure it's fixed? I still can't access the blog

Well I am not 100% sure but I have just tried it and it worked.

I have an additional problem in that I am not in my own country and have to use a USB modem which is working very slowly.

There is also an additional problem with the host judging by this message :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, www.123-support.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have informed them and will see how they respond.

18 Oct 12, 2010 05:54

i have 3.3.3 on godaddy and getting the infinite redirect loop on admin page. Help please!

20 Oct 12, 2010 06:17

sam2kb, the problem i have is that my admin.php doesn't have 180 lines now. it has about 62 so I am not sure if my admin php is missing lines or not. downloaded a full package for 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 but both admin.php files are lacking that line.

21 Oct 12, 2010 06:26

Search for this line in admin.php

if( ! empty( $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] ) && $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] != $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] )

I see this code on line 182 in b2evo 3.3.3 and line 184 in b2evo 4. You probably look at the wrong file.

22 Oct 12, 2010 06:40

Thank you very much. i was looking inside conf/_admin.php instead of root/admin.php.

This worked. Thanks a lot - you are savior!

Form is loading...