Recent Topics

1 Jan 03, 2010 23:19    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I've seen past posts (last spring) about resizing images, but nothing recent that was specifically about 3.x.

Is it still the case that we cannot upload images and have them automatically resized when they are inserted into the post? I realize that attached images are resized but they seem to all come at the beginning of the post. A typical post, to me, has images scattered throughout and ideally each of them is clickable to view an enlarged image.

My server is running both GD and IM.

Maybe I've just missed a setting somewhere?

BTW, I tried editing the image size dimensions directly in the post, and that does work. Browser resizing isn't my preference, though, and I don't want my users to have to do the math every time.

BTW the "new thread" input box on this forum should be edited to reflect all of the 3.x versions.

2 Jan 04, 2010 23:53

It is still as you describe.

We have plans for embedding resized images anywhere you want in a post, but it's not implemented yet.

3 Jan 06, 2010 19:45

Any idea how far off this is? My users want to embed pictures, like a typical news article has, and I can't expect them to make various sizes of each one before writing the article (when GD can do it for them).

4 Jan 12, 2010 20:24

I've been looking at different programs for doing this. WordPress seems to have a pretty nice system. With Drupal you can make a decent system but it doesn't come with core.

Just a suggestion: when you do this, provide it all in one shot. IMO people want to upload a picture and embed a smaller version that links to a larger (possibly original one) in one process. Sure you can have one routine to upload the file and then have to refer to that location when you put it in the post, but the ideal system would give you an editor where it at least seems that you are uploading it right into the post.

I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the various HTML editors out there but I suppose the ability to 'upload into the post' is dictated by how the editor is written (I'm assuming you're not writing your own editor). In Drupal I've set up ckeditor and it's pretty nice but you have to upload the image and then copy/paste the URL for it into the 'insert image' box of the editor. It's not hard, but it's just annoying that one part of the screen doesn't seem to know about the other.

Predefined size limits (for normal blogs) should be available, too. So if you upload an image it automatically goes to 300px wide or whatever looks good in that particular skin.

Just thinking out loud.

5 Jan 15, 2010 05:28

One thing we do in ours -- is to set the skin to a max-width and height so the picture will never break on the layout.

Then - you can also use the width and height properties to shrink the picture... not perfect but works.

Form is loading...