Recent Topics

1 Jan 17, 2010 21:03    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.x

Does anyone know how you create a skin with default widgets in the containers of the skin?

Reason why I want widgets, is because it can be managed in the backoffice and you can use different lists and methods of navigation.

The skin is going to depend on having those widgets there if the skin is to be pushed out to the public. (so please help if you know and hopefully i'll finish up this skin and publish it for you all)

2 Jan 17, 2010 21:09

Just use default container names like "Header", "Menu", "Sidebar", "Footer" etc.
Although you can use any name you want, I usually include "Post bottom" and "After posts" containers in skins.

3 Jan 17, 2010 21:14

sam2kb wrote:

Just use default container names like "Header", "Menu", "Sidebar", "Footer" etc.
Although you can use any name you want, I usually include "Post bottom" and "After posts" containers in skins.

That's not quite what I'm talking about. I want to create a container that by default will only contain the categories of said blog. Now, I don't think there is a container from those four you just put out there that contains the categories and ONLY the categories by the default.

Thus, I want to create my own container, and then have the default categories list in there. I know how to just take the snippet of code and permanently insert it, but how would I put it there by default when the skin is installed and able to be modified and or delete without going into the actual skin's code?

5 Jan 17, 2010 22:17

sam2kb wrote:

You can't do this

well, that's disappointing. I guess I'll hard code it then. Thanks for your help.

Form is loading...