Recent Topics

1 Jan 20, 2010 01:03    

My b2evolution Version: 3.1 beta

I was able to customize the side bar on the main blog page but the sidebar (right) doesn't show up on individual post. How/where how can I customize the side bar for an individual blog post? What I want to do is have a different side bar for each post. Is this possible with EVOPRESS?

Thanks!

2 Jan 20, 2010 13:57

if you want to have sidebar right in all individual posts, thats easy.. all you have to do is to include sidebar right in single.posts.php

by

What I want to do is have a different side bar for each post

is that you mean you d like to have like 300 different sidebars for 300 posts ? that doesnt sound quite logical, only if you could explain whats the use ?

3 Jan 20, 2010 14:03

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Yes, that is what I would like to do. I would like to place relavent side bar links based on what the individual post is about. Like post about Honda Civic will have honda civic stuff, post about a TV show would have links about the TV show.

In single_post.php where do I place the sidebar? Between what and what?

I think I can write PHP code to include specific sidebar based on the POST number ID.

4 Jan 20, 2010 14:21

placing sidebar into single.posts.php wont work for you, as it will display certain "the right sidebar" and thats not what you are after it seems.

To have different ads for different posts,

1.) you may have unique widget containers for each post that you can add anything you like in widget settings page, but thats going to grow your widget settings page huge if you are thinking of having 20+ posts or sth.

2.) you can manually insert your ads into each post at writing screen with html, and emulate the position and looks of it via css.

assuming you want your ads only in single mode, and not the main page, you can make use of "read more" or "pagination" to do the 2nd more systematically but i gotta think over it , how to make it easy to use

5 Jan 20, 2010 14:44

I have many posts, but for certain posts I want a different side bar. I think I can do that based the post id.

If post id = 60 then

include sidebar60.php

else

include sidebar.php

end

Something like that....

by the way do you know what the variable is for the post id?

Thanks!

6 Jan 20, 2010 15:11

<?php
if ($Item->ID()==23) {
skin_include( '_sidebar.inc23.php' );
}
 else {
skin_include( '_sidebar.inc.php' );
}
?>

or summat .. i am not into coding

but i believe, inserting html method is far more easy than creating new sidebarxxx.php files for each post

7 Jan 20, 2010 15:26

Cool, thanks. I will check out both methods and report back here later. Thanks for your help!

Form is loading...