Recent Topics

1 Jan 29, 2010 15:20    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've been using b2evolution on my webtsite and its great. :)

I'm wanting to do more, but in private. I want to setup a diary using b2evolution. But it has to remain private. Is there a check list that I can use to make sure all my postings remain private? I know about turning off pings, I set feeds to no feeds. Is there anything else I should do?

I thought about putting the blog in a Virtual Machine and just not giving it a network address. But that seems a bit extreme.

BTW, great work on this project.

-JJ

2 Jan 29, 2010 18:51

Why are you even going to set it up online than ? There's no way its going to be safe a hundred percent safe on web just like anything else..

So, just install wamp or any other local server package, install on your pc, and run it locally.. If you ever feel like publishing you can easily upload the whole install already.Seems the best option to me.

3 Jan 29, 2010 23:50

I don't think wamp will work under linux. :D

I will be installing locally. Since my computer connects to the internet if b2 pings or sends out a feed my diary will become public. I still want to make sure my notes don't get published.

While I was looking for a solution to this, I came across a TurnKey LAMP Appliance. I may put b2evolution in that and just not connect the appliance to the network.

FWIW I'm running LinuxMint on my laptop and FreeBSD on my home server.

-JJ

4 Jan 30, 2010 03:28

I suggest making your blog private.

Edit the blog1.php file (or whatever file your blog is) and add this:

$login_required = true;

I put it between:

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

$login_required = true;

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
?>

This way, seeing the blog will require a password. I'm not sure if it's 100% safe though.

5 Jan 30, 2010 08:42

So, just install wamp or any other local server package, install on your pc, and run it locally

jjthomas wrote:

I don't think wamp will work under linux. :D

While I was looking for a solution to this, I came across a TurnKey LAMP Appliance. I may put b2evolution in that and just not connect the appliance to the network.

-_- i rest my case

6 Jan 31, 2010 08:21

...and I say thank you for your help. I've got the appliance loaded and got b2 installed. Had to look to the back of my brain to remember how to install a database from the command line.

Marked [SOLVED]

-JJ

7 Sep 17, 2010 21:28

OCWEB wrote:

I suggest making your blog private.

Edit the blog1.php file (or whatever file your blog is) and add this:

$login_required = true;

I put it between:

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

$login_required = true;

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
?>

This way, seeing the blog will require a password. I'm not sure if it's 100% safe though.

This means everybody who is registered will be able to view the blog? Is it possible to allow only specific usernames (admin)?

Form is loading...