Recent Topics

1 Feb 15, 2010 05:05    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hey all,

I am working with the latest version but I haven't finished yet.

I was wondering if it was possible to feed the blog using rss feeds?

Thanks much

webdevoman

2 Feb 15, 2010 10:30

Hi, welcome to the forums

When you say feed the blog using RSS do you mean create posts based on an RSS feed? If so then you should probably take a look at the Feed Importer plugin:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=18175

Also you said that you are using the latest version but the version you specified is 2.x. There is a later version than that. 3.3.3 is the latest version.

Cheers
L

3 Feb 15, 2010 19:36

Thanks, I will take a peek...

I am looking to take rss from another site and have it automatically post to specified form.. I believe that is what you mean..

Regarding the version--I didn't see the later versions in the drop down so I just picked the latest one available..

As for my script, I am not done yet building the site and it is currently on my test server at home otherwise I would post the address etc..

Thanks so much for your help!

The blog is eventually going to be a part of www.anonlinemall.com and if I can utilize this script well I may even change my other blog webdevoman.com from wpress...

There are many things I like better about this script so who knows..

Thanks again..

webdevoman

4 Feb 15, 2010 20:22

I think the feed importer should do what you want. I think there is a free and a paid version but I have never used it so don't know what the difference is.

It must be that your host has not updated their installations of b2evo yet. You can get the latest version from here if you are happy to install the app yourself:

http://b2evolution.net/downloads/index.html

L

5 Feb 16, 2010 01:48

Free version should be good for one time import.

6 Feb 26, 2010 01:12

I do not want a "one time" import. I want feeds to be imported auto when ever there is an update.

I can do this with VBulletin, phpbb and vbulletin all with free mods. I am dissapointed that I cannot find a free mod for this script.. Hopefully it is still out there..

What is the purpose of having an awesome free blog script when people are charging $40 for modifications??

Oh well, my search isn't over yet. I am hopeful..

Thanks everyone..

7 Feb 26, 2010 12:23

we dont have much plugin developers here, and neither do they have much time..They might not even develop anything if they dont feel like.

see, everyone has 24 hours a day, noone has 25 and we all have our plans, and jobs to make a living out of. so you gotta be more considerate i believe, you can not expect to get everything for free..

Form is loading...