Recent Topics

1 Mar 01, 2010 13:21    

My b2evolution Version:

Dear all:

I had 1.10.2 b2evo blog on the root of my domain (www.sobrenada.org). I installed the 3.3.3 version on an directory (/beta) for testing purposes, sharing the same database. After the test period, I deactivated the 1.10.02 and redirected root accesses to the /beta directory. So far, so good.

Now I want to move the 3.3.3 installation on /beta to the root.
What should I do? Simply copy/replace files and folders is enough?

2 Mar 01, 2010 14:07

You will also need to edit conf/_basic_config.php and change the setting for $baseurl to remove the beta/ part

¥

3 Mar 01, 2010 18:25

Thanks, Yabba. Have done everything as you mentioned.
There is, however, one thing that I'm suffering to fix:

I redirected the root access to the /beta access through a script. But... I cannot remember where I inserted that dreaded thing.
I'm sure that string is not on the index.php or index.html files under the root and the public html. Have checked them carefully. I really do not have a clue where is it.

Do you know where this code can be? It is possible to be on the /skins folder or "lost" in another folder other than root or public html?

I know I was careless :(

5 Mar 01, 2010 19:00

Gah, Yabba... it is not in there :(
I even tried to delete them, and it continues redirecting to the beta folder.
The script is
window.location.href = 'http://www.sobrenada.org/beta';

I don't know where to look anymore. If there was a Search function, I could try to find it.

I anyone also knows how to "overscript" it, I would be glad.

6 Mar 01, 2010 19:04

if you are sure you have configured your config file(baseurl) properly, download your files, grab a decent text editor like notepad++ and do a text search within files for *beta*, it ll give you some clues

edit: and oh, try disabling (renaming to sth else) .htaccess for once if you havent already

7 Mar 01, 2010 19:29

Ahh, that be a js thing, check your (root) skins header.inc files

¥

8 Mar 01, 2010 19:30

oops, just looked at your source, that js redirect is all on it's lonesome ... urm, try your /conf/ files, it's summat that kicks in early

¥

9 Mar 01, 2010 20:15

Nothing. Have searched inside the text files on all directories you have told me, and nothing.
I wonder if it is something "homemade" that can be done. Another script, i dunno. I recreated the Beta folder and put an index.html with the same script inside, but pointing to the root. And it looped, lol.

My guess is the darned thing is on the root, somewhere, cuz it do not seems to go all the way to the skins folder, or the public html folder itself.

I'm really lost.

¥åßßå wrote:

oops, just looked at your source, that js redirect is all on it's lonesome ... urm, try your /conf/ files, it's summat that kicks in early

¥

10 Mar 01, 2010 20:19

If you want to pm ftp credentials I can try and find/solve it

Otherwise I'm gonna be guessing as much as you ;)

¥

*edit
That'd be root ftp details ... ohhh the power :D ... promise not to break to much ;)

11 Mar 01, 2010 20:28

EDIT: It's not fixed :-/
But i found out this: If I type http://sobrenada.org on my browser, it goes to the correct site.
BUT, if I type http://www.sobrenada.org (with the www), it redirects me to the beta folder.

This is a useful clue??

---

Gave it up. I just "updated" my blog thru Fantastico again and it SEEMS to have fixed everything. It gave me double slashes after the base url, but I edited the conf/basic_config.php and everything seems fine NOW.

I will test if nothing seems misplaced, but I think it is fixed.

Thanks Yabba!
(btw, what is that on your avatar??)

12 Mar 01, 2010 20:47

www versus non www is usually an indication that .htaccess is kicking in.

My avatar is a doodle that I drew years ago ;)

¥

Form is loading...