Recent Topics

1 Mar 03, 2010 01:06    

My b2evolution Version: V3.3

On discovering that there's option to turn tinyMCE on / off, I went to play with the option and discovered that the option is auto set depends on which editor mode was used when last posted, regardless what the user previously chose when saving the profile.

Try this:
- go to user profile, uncheck 'Use TinyMCE', save
- go back to user profile again to see value of this check box, it's unchecked
- start a new post or edit existing post. editor is in wysiwyg mode, don't save
- go back to user profile, 'Use TinyMCE' option is now checked.
- start a new post. switch to html mode
- go back to user profile, this checkbox is now unchecked

Not that it's causing any major issues, but it may cause some confusion.

Apparently the editor remembers the last mode it was in and automatically goes to that mode when starting a new post or editing the next post. If you go to HTML mode, this checkbox is automatically unchecked, and if you go to WYSIWYG mode, it's automatically checked. This checkbox serves no purpose other than indicating which mode the editor was in when you last made a post.

If this is to be as an user profile option, shouldn't the editor be in the correct mode the user chosed everytime you go to the editor?

2 May 06, 2010 20:33

Even more disturbing is the fact the TinyMCE version shipping with the latest and greatest version of b2 is very outdated and contains bugs that have been fixed in the latest version of TinyMCE. I have pointed out that it is not possible to upgrade TinyMCE as the plugin will not load the new files.

3 May 06, 2010 20:49

it has been years now that i reached the verdict that anything starts with the letters wysi is absolutely of no use.

For those who feel obliged to use those crap; while tinymce and fck are the widely known ones, both are bad decisions to go with.There are some better-than-worst wysi...'s like Xinha etc.. but unfortunately i really dont know how to integrate one of those into b2

Form is loading...