Recent Topics

1 Mar 10, 2010 11:27    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.2

Okay, I'm shocked and devastated. Who's smart idea it was to remove the file button when writing a new blog? Now it's 2-3 times more clicking and editing to get an image to your post.

Is there a hack/plugin somewhere that would give me the File button or am I doomed to:
1. Start a new blog entry
2. Save and start attaching files
3. Add/Link Files
4. Find the desired photo and insert img/link
5. and remove the annoying link tags from the code
6. Start writing your blog
7. Save

I mean c'mon. on 2.4x version you just clicked on the file button, chose the picture and that's it.

2 Mar 11, 2010 02:42

The powers that be decided to remove it. However, it seem that since so many wanted it back, they hacked it back in, in version 3.3.3, and they made the use of Avatars optional.

However, I still did not like the way 3.3.2 or 3.3.3 worked out of the box. I have returned to using my hacked 3.3.2 version. I removed the part about attaching files, and removed the part where I had to save the post before being able to add an image. Prior version had it where you could add stuff without saving the post first, I see no reason to save an empty post just to add stuff. I had to go into some of the core files, and go into some of the views (the views is what is displayed) and I remove the sections I did not want. I also see no reason to automatically add links around each of my images that just points to the image and cause it to open in a new blank window. This is bad. It confuses the users and is useless. If I want to create thumbnails to a larger image, I will do that and create the proper pages to handle it, which will be streamlined into my site, meaning an image will open inside the blog site, with my skin and menus, etc.

With my hacks, version 3.3.2 is working much more like I want it to work. If you have even a basic understanding of php, you can hack away and it is a fun way to spend a day, or two. I wish I could remember all the files I hacked, but it has been awhile. If 3.3.x is the future of b2evolution, I will not, NOT, be moving to a new version but continue to use my hacked version.

I will see if I can remember what files were hacked, and box them up for you. Or, you can just use the 3.3.3 version with the file button returned but with all the other attachment, and save first, included.

3 Mar 11, 2010 09:31

Kimberly wrote:

I will see if I can remember what files were hacked, and box them up for you. Or, you can just use the 3.3.3 version with the file button returned but with all the other attachment, and save first, included.

I'd appreciate that. My service provider doesn't currently offer 3.3.3 and I'm just too lazy to install it locally and then upload it to the server and hope everything works out fine B)

4 Mar 12, 2010 20:29

I'd appreciate that. My service provider doesn't currently offer 3.3.3 and I'm just too lazy to install it locally and then upload it to the server and hope everything works out fine Cool

If you will PM me an email address that can handle large files, I will zip the hacked version I have and email the whole thing to you. You would then FTP up the whole thing overwriting your current installation. It will not overwrite your _basic.config.php file so you will not have to worry about reinstalling the application. Since I am not sure of all the files I hacked, just sending you some may cause problems in your installation.

However, if you want me to guess at the ones I changed, I did have some of them outside the installation, and you would have to figure out the location where they should be installed. I did this back in October of 2009.

Form is loading...