Recent Topics

1 Mar 14, 2010 02:17    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I'm using the pixel theme on my blog, everything works wonderfully. My question is just a pretty basic one.

In the menu bar where I have my links (home, about, etc.), I've included a "Photo Gallery" link so that visitors can go to my gallery2 page. The only problem is I had to use the expert page writer and "link to url" to get it to work properly. Unfortunately, there's no option to change the target to _blank

any help? :)

3 Mar 14, 2010 02:33

atually no, that doesn't work...
that makes every single link open in a new tab.

not good.

4 Mar 14, 2010 03:19

i dont know what the hell a sidebar_link is.. it never sounded useful to me , so i ve never checked it out..

We are speaking of the "post type" sidebarlink right ? I assume it gotta has its own class, if it doesnt you can add yours for sure, from widget settings..

so check the existing class or add a class for your sidebarlinks

and

1.call jquery, or include jquery in your page.
2. include this anywhere in your page

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function(){

$(".widget_core_coll_link_list").click(function() {   
            strUrl=$(this).find("a").attr("href");       
            window.open(strUrl);return false;         
        });

});</script>

edit: idk why, but you cant add custom class to sidebar links, i believe you are gonna have to use the default class which is "widget_core_coll_link_list", updated above accordingly.

5 Mar 14, 2010 03:33

yea i wasn't sure what it was either, until i needed to add a link haha. and yea, it's the post type one.

i'll be sure to try this. thanks :)

6 May 10, 2010 09:25

oh i happened to be glancing over my old posts and thought i would update this since i figured it out.

basically i assumed that the text one types into the "link to url" box would basically become a variable, we'll call x, b2evo sends that to the code with the html to link to that site (x).

i.e.

<a href="x">Link Title</a>

so i just thought ahead and made my x this:

www.yoursite.com" target="_blank

leaving the closing quotes for b2evo to add.

works perfectly :)
hope it makes sense lol

7 Oct 10, 2013 16:41

Easier than your tip is my tip, I found out now! :)
When you publish a new "Advertisement" in the field "Link to the site/url" just put the following:

http://www.yoursite.com target = "_blank"

And the announcement of the Sidebar will open in a new window!

Good ads!

Form is loading...