Recent Topics

1 Mar 20, 2010 03:21    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed issues with b2evo, flash and IE8? I use a youtube plugin and just made my own plugin that displays a flash video and they both seem to not work with IE 8, but work fine in google chrome.

You can see my site at http://www.renostandup.com There is a flash video in the intro post that will not play in IE 8.

please let me know if there is more information that I can give you. Thanks!

2 Mar 20, 2010 10:23

hello boneill

I tried that using IE7, the flash wotn display. But using firefox the flash works.

I think you are right. b2evo flash is not working for IE.
try it your self guys

3 Mar 20, 2010 15:52

are you sure it is a b2 issue ?
have you tried putting it into a standalone html file and see if it works there ?
it might be an ie issue.in addition to that, try to put it in a regular post instead of intro post.(after these steps we will know exactly where to look for)
(a long shot; could you be using ie 64 bit by any chance and not happen to know that flash wont work in ie 64 bit ?)

4 Mar 20, 2010 22:50

i tried checking out your site as well... with IE8 it says movie not loaded.. But I tried using google chrome and mozilla... it works fine...

5 Mar 20, 2010 23:21

Try Videoplug plugin (shipped with b2evo)

See if this object construction works for you

<object data="FLASH URL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300">
  <param name="movie" value="SAME URL AS ABOVE" />
  <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
</object>

6 Mar 22, 2010 16:14

I used the code construction that sam2kb suggested and it worked fine. THanks everyone for the help!

Form is loading...