Recent Topics

1 Apr 14, 2010 21:12    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I'm trying to incorporate a new blog into our existing company website and I've got it all looking good except for the footer.

Here's the link to the company website: www.hello-usa.com

And here's the screenshot of the blog:

http://i39.tinypic.com/fxcrwj.jpg

(I'm working on an internal development server so I don't have a public link to post.)

I can't figure out why the footer is being truncated in the blog. I need it to look like the website. Is there an upper level CSS file that's trumping the formatting of the style.css file in the skin? I was able to make the header repeat across the top; just can't figure out how to make the footer do the same.

I used evocamp as the base skin and tweaked from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Suze

2 Apr 14, 2010 22:36

hi SuzeSmith

THat's an ASP web site. Where is your b2evolution blog site?

Thanks

3 Apr 14, 2010 22:48

We haven't let it loose into the world yet. I'm still working on it offline on a development server. When we're ready to publish we'll link from the ASP site over to the blog. But for now it's not public so I don't have a link to share.

I only included the link so you could see how the footer needs to look in the blog, i.e. continuous across the bottom of the page. Right now the footer is limited to the width of the blog container (which I tried to illustrate in the screenshot). I'm looking for a way to override that and make the footer stretch across the bottom of the page.

And to further complicate the matter the footer contains form information for logging into the private section of our website. So it's not like I can create a simple graphic that repeats across the page...I need to include the form info in the footer.

Is all of that making sense? I'm still kinda new to this so please forgive my ignorance. Thanks.

4 Apr 14, 2010 22:54

Can you provide screenshots with your offline b2evolution blog?

5 Apr 14, 2010 22:58

Your site fails completely without javascript enabled and you're worried about what your footer looks like?

Move your footer container out of the wrapper div

¥

6 Apr 14, 2010 23:13

Here's a screenshot of the entire page (had to seam it together hence the funky scroll bars on the right).

http://i39.tinypic.com/2upwhvk.jpg

And, ¥åßßå, I've tried moving the footer out of the wrapper div and it didn't work. But thanks for the suggestion. And by the by, I got overruled on the javascript issue for the home page video. The compromise was the error message that you probably got. Web design/development by committee isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Suze.

7 Apr 15, 2010 20:00

I'd need to see your html source from just above <div id="footer"> (half dozen lines should do) to </body>

You need a better committee, their decisions for internal pages are equally inept. Been there, walked away, more pain than gain ;)

¥

Form is loading...