Recent Topics

1 Apr 19, 2010 14:10    

My b2evolution Version:

Hi,
I am working on a blog for children with no computing skill.
When writing a post even in the Simple version of the text editor, it offers fancy things like characters in colours or with background colour. However when using these possibilities the editor generates invalid XHTML code and the message cannot be posted on the blog; for instance:
Tag <span> may not have Attribut style="…”. It is easy enough to correct the "errors" in the HTML view but the users are not able to do that. I tried to change the settings of the blog regarding the XHTML code but it does not solve the problem.
1) is it a known problem ?
2) is there a possibility to have a simplified version of the text editor with only the buttons generating directly compatible code?
Thanks, Stef.

2 Apr 19, 2010 16:08

1.) It is not a "problem".
Answer: [url=http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=search+me+site%3Aforums.b2evolution.net&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=bcdf8cbbf06dc4f]Search the forums[/url]

2.) You can disable xhtml validation checking, and if you still want to simplify the write panel you can hack that too
Answer: [url=http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=search+me+site%3Aforums.b2evolution.net&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=bcdf8cbbf06dc4f]Search the forums[/url]

3 Apr 20, 2010 07:39

Your answer is not very helpful. Of course I have searched the forum first!
I might have used inaccurate keywords but I did not find a solution. I described it as a "problem" because it is a problem for the user of the blog. There is an easy way around it if you understand HTML, but how can a 8-9 years old child fix such a message as: invalid tag .... ?
Basically I am wondering why the editor is generating invalid code? Disabling XHTML check in the settings does not change the code it just suppresses some of the warnings.
I do not see the same behaviour on the official demo blog (B2evo). There I can write in color or with background and no error are generated ? Why ? Is there something I have changed by mistake in the settings of my blog ? I use a different skin than the one in the demo could that be a reason ?
I'll be glad if somebody would point me towards a constructive solution.
Thanks, Stef.

4 Apr 20, 2010 12:58

gaul09 wrote:

...why the editor is generating invalid code?

'cause it sucks big time like every other wysiwyg out there..

gaul09 wrote:

Disabling XHTML check in the settings does not change the code it just suppresses some of the warnings.
-
I do not see the same behaviour on the official demo blog (B2evo). There I can write in color or with background and no error are generated ? Why ? Is there something I have changed by mistake in the settings of my blog ? I use a different skin than the one in the demo could that be a reason ?
I'll be glad if somebody would point me towards a constructive solution.
Thanks, Stef.

You can try integrating another decent wysiwyg editor, or fixing the current one but it ll sure be a pain in the arse either way.

5 Apr 28, 2010 07:21

I reinstalled the entire blog application and it is now working well. I do not know why some files got corrupted the first time?
Stéf

Form is loading...